The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is a leading professional services firm which prides itself in conducting high-impact, high-stakes projects for significant Federal, state, and private organizations. The intellectual diversity of our 1,600 employees enables us to bring together experts from many fields in the search for innovative answers to any challenge. Within AIR, the Corporate Finance Office (CFO) is a dynamic workplace with a clear agenda to develop a service oriented organization in line with the business. It is composed of a strong team of co-workers and challenging varied roles that aim to stretch and expand the value CFO delivers within AIR.
We currently have an opportunity for an Accounts Payable Associate in the Corporate Finance Office in Washington, D.C. (Georgetown).
• Assist in building effective customer service-oriented relationships between Accounts Payable Associates and internal and external customers.
• Audit expense reports, miscellaneous expense reports, tuition reimbursements, and accounting corrections to ensure:
o appropriate authorizations
o appropriate coding
o adequate supporting documentation
o correct calculations
o compliance with government regulations and organizational policies and procedures such as Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
• Process American Express statements and upload data into Deltek Costpoint
• Communicate any anomalies, patterns and trends identified during routine payment processing to the Manager.
• Make recommendations for process improvements as applicable.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Ability to provide high level customer service in a high volume and fast-moving team environment.
• Experience in a Federal government contracting A/P processing environment preferred.
• Experience with full cycle Accounts Payable using an ERP system.
• Deltek Costpoint experience a plus.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Excel.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be detail oriented and organized.
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) lives and breathes to enhance human performance. The not-for-profit organization conducts...