The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is a leading professional services firm which prides itself in conducting high-impact, high-stakes projects for significant Federal, state, and private organizations. The Corporate Finance Office (CFO) is a dynamic workplace within AIR with a clear agenda to develop a service oriented organization in line with the business. It is composed of a strong team of co-workers and challenging varied roles that aim to stretch and expand the value CFO delivers within AIR.
Our Corporate Finance Office is seeking an Accounts Payable Associate to join our team in our Washington, D.C. (Georgetown) office. The Accounts Payable Associate audits and processes invoices check requests and accounting corrections in support of AIR programs.
• Assist in building effective customer service-oriented relationships between Accounts Payable Associates and internal and external customers.
• Audit invoices, check requests and accounting corrections to ensure:
- appropriate authorizations
- appropriate coding
- adequate supporting documentation
- correct calculations
- compliance with government regulations and organizational policies and procedures
• Enter invoices, check requests and accounting corrections in Costpoint with a focus on timeliness and accuracy.
• Upload invoices with high volume line item details.
• Communicate any anomalies, patterns and trends identified during routine payment processing to the Manager.
• Make recommendations for process improvements as applicable.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Experience in a Federal government contracting A/P processing environment preferred.
• Experience with full cycle Accounts Payable using an ERP system.
• Ability to provide high level customer service.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Deltek Costpoint experience a plus.
American Institutes for Research - 12 months ago
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) lives and breathes to enhance human performance. The not-for-profit organization conducts...