The overall purpose of this position is to ensure validity and authorization of accounts payable invoices. Process accounts payable invoices on a daily basis.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Scan and attach accounts payable invoices into the software system and perform data entry and import procedures of the invoices on a daily basis.
- Maintain good standing with vendors via monthly statements and answer accounts payable phone inquiries on a timely basis.
- Take appropriate action on discrepancies found between invoices and purchase orders.
- Follow up on credit memos due for returns or warranty issues.
- Provide and implement suggestions for improvements to the accounts payable processes.
- Prepare and make available key metrics related to the processing of accounts payable invoices.
- Provide primary or secondary backup assistance for various functions within the accounting department.
- Update budget to actual data on Sharepoint on a monthly basis.
- Maintain and reconcile fixed asset records to the general ledger on a monthly basis.
- Prepare and file personal property tax returns timely on an annual basis.
- Support and maintain a safe and Lean work environment.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by supervisor.
Bassett Mechanical - 16 months ago