Receives and reviews invoices and other payable documents from vendors and employees. Matches documents, codes and batches, assembles payables, and obtains appropriate approvals to process payment. Maintain and file adequate supporting documentation according to GAAP, IRS and SOX guidelines. Handle incoming calls from vendors and employees on status of payment.
- Receive invoices from sites and/or corporate office and prepare for data entry into the financial system by:
a. Verifying and/or obtaining appropriate approvals
b. Verifying and/or assigning coding.
- Key vouchers into financial system based on department guidelines and standards.
- Handle inquiries on payment status from vendors or employees.
- Request the set up of new vendors and modification of existing vendors by following procedures set up by A/P Supervisor.
- Audit and disburse A/P checks.
- Research and follow up on outstanding invoices on vendor statements.
- Retrieve and pull from A/P files and offsite storage as requested.
- Maintain productivity and quality standards as set forth by management.
- Assist in completion of special projects on an as needed basis within the Department.
- Education : High School graduate
- Experience Level : 1-2 years of expense accounts payable experience.
- Tools and Technology : Data entry, 10-key skills, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Financial System, Peoplesoft a plus.
- Language Ability : Read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Write simple correspondence.
Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the
- Work Environment : Office environment. Subject to after-hours work to meet deadlines.
Corizon, Inc. - 12 months ago
Prison inmates can't really shop around for health plans, but depending on where they are held, they may have access to Correctional...