REPORTS TO: Controller
Operate personal computer to perform word processing and desktop publishing to support the
Controller, General Manager and Department Managers as needed. Assist in maintaining
Company accounting records.
1. Compile material to be typed, following written or oral instructions.
2. Read instructions accompanying material or follow verbal instructions from
supervisor or person requesting document to determine format and content
3. Type, revise and combine material such as correspondence, reports, quotes,
proposals, certifications, forms, meeting minutes, production planning, scientific
or technical material, numerical data and other information from rough draft,
corrected copy or previous version.
4. Proofread and edit document for grammar, spelling, punctuation and format.
Make corrections as necessary.
5. Store completed document in personal computer memory or on disk as
appropriate. Print, copy and/or distribute material as instructed.
6. Review, distribute and/or edit invoices daily; coordinate re-invoicing of
customer debits when re-shipped.
7. Issue other non-shipment invoices as necessary.
8. Contact customers by telephone to determine reason for overdue payment and
to obtain information pertaining to payment schedule; advise Marketing
Department of collection and/or payment concerns as necessary.
9. Enter cash receipts into computer and prepare banking deposit as required.
10. Enter, accept and pay accounts payable invoices; print and prepare accounts
payable and payroll checks for distribution; file supporting accounts payable
11. Handle vendor inquiries; reconcile and verify vendor statements.
12. As Backup - Prepare export shipping documents, government forms and/or
waybills as required, as needed.
13. Time-In-A-Box process, review and provide reports for management. Edit/enter
daily employee time card data into computer; resolve time card errors and
enter corrections after management approval.
14. Sort and distribute daily mail. Meter/stamp all outgoing mail.
15. Review and edit monthly employee health insurance statements; enter, accept and pay as
scheduled; file documents accordingly.
16. Receive, process and maintain employment applications.
17. New assembly or production employees orientation, tour and paperwork.
18. Process/Hire Assembly personnel via Skillsource or Temporary Agency
19. Bulletin Board Updates – Labor Laws
20. Safety Committee Representative
21. Report all new hires to DSHS
MAY ALSO INCLUDE:
1. Answer incoming telephone calls as telephone attendant and give information to callers or
route calls to appropriate person. Take messages and/or page if necessary.
2. Perform other duties as assigned by the Controller.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
1. High school diploma or equivalent. Minimum of 1-2 years secretarial/word processing
training or equivalent experience.
2. Knowledge of personal computers (PCs) and operating systems as used by the Company
to perform the job is preferred.
3. Knowledge of personal computer (PC) software as used by the Company to perform the
job is preferred.
4. Ability to handle multi-line, multi-extension automated telephone system.
5. Ability to accurately type 40+ words per minute and keyboard 60+ words per minute.
6. Ability to read, write, speak and understand English well.
1. May be required to sit for 5.5 hours per day or more. Occasional standing and walking.
2. Constant fingering and handling with occasional reaching required.
3. Ability to perceive detail in verbal and written material. Ability to observe differences in
copy and to proofread words and numbers.
4. Ability to organize and prioritize work and to meet deadlines with minimal supervision
Express Employment Professionals is a leading staffing provider in the U.S., Canada and South Africa. Every day, we help job seekers find...