The Accounts payable clerk is responsible for the accurate recording and payment of accounts payable invoices. The person will interface with vendors and internal customers timely as to the status of invoices and their payment. The person in this position will also perform reviews of the General Ledger and department filing.
- Verifies proper signature authorization on non-purchase order payments
- Prepares invoice deduction notices, as necessary
- Matches invoices to receipt records and purchase orders in a three way match to ensure accurate payment
- Enters invoices into accounting system
- Answers assigned vendor and internal customer inquiries regarding payment
- Prepares accounts payable checks
- Prepares paperwork to update vendor records as required
- Prints accounts payable reports and maintains all accounts payable files
- Assists in pulling documents related to audits
- Codes expense related non-purchase order invoices to proper general ledger accounts
- Reconciles vendor statements to payable and accrual records
- Assists with special projects, as necessary
- Maintains files for accounts payable
- Maintain accurate records
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- High School diploma required.
- 2 -3 years experience in Accounting
- Strong computer skills
- Attention to detail and focus on accuracy
- Ability to prioritize and maintain flexibility
Holston Medical Group - 15 months ago
At Wellmont Health System, wellness is paramount. Wellmont Health System provides general and advanced medical-surgical care to residents of...