Under general supervision, independently performs accounts payable clerical functions.
1. Reviews the supporting Accounts Payable documentation for completeness and accuracy as well as appropriateness of approvals prior to issuing checks; prepares general fund checks; prepares and enters data for A/P vouchers creation.
2. Opens and distributes mail to the appropriate College departments.
3. Maintains accounts payable files, PO files, and year end pre-paid and accrued expense files.
4. Communicates with vendors and College employees as needed; researches and resolves payment questions and problems.
5. Prepares and issues 1099 ? miscellaneous forms.
6. Verifies accuracy of TIN's with the IRS through TIN verification program
7. Prepares and mail due diligence letters to vendors with stale dated checks; maintain control over responses; retain records of unclaimed property.
8. Assists in audit preparation for yearly audit.
9. Verifies and reviews supporting documentation for the credit card statements and reconciles credit card clearing account.
10. Reconciles VREG listing of outstanding vouchers to the general Ledger account on a quarterly basis.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
Employee is subject to indoor work, protected from weather conditions. Work is sedentary in nature and involves exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently/constantly in order to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Status of Position:
1. Associate degree in Accounting or related field supplemented by progressively responsible experience preferably in non-profit environment and community colleges in particular, working with Account Payable .
2. Proficiency in Microsoft Office
3. Ability to operate basic office equipment, e.g. computer and peripherals, telephone, calculator.
4. Demonstrated good verbal and written communication skills necessary to interface with all levels of management and ability to work in multicultural/diverse environment.
1. Working knowledge of Ellucian (Datatel) Accounts Payable module.
2. Experience with Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs other duties as assigned within the scope of the department, consistent with the essential role of this position.
Prairie State College - 7 months ago