Perform Accounts Payable Duties for WDS and its affiliates. Ensure timely and accurate entry of invoices for payment with appropriate coding and approvals for weekly and special check runs. Perform other general accounting duties as assigned and required of this position.
The Accounts Payable Accountant will report directly to the Finance Manager, and will be expected to work closely with the operating departments and other functional areas for which he or she interacts on a daily basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Process Company Payables: evaluating, coding and entering approved invoices for payment.
· Expense Reimbursement: process Concur expense reports and journal entries.
· Corporate Banking: monitor online bank accounts and set up ACH debits/credits.
· MISC 1099 Reporting: ensure Form W9’s are on file and tax ID numbers (TIN’s) are current as new vendors are added to system. Perform year-end reconciliation and processing.
· General Ledger: includes r ecording AP accruals and prepaid expenses; expense analysis, routine journal entries and intercompany transactions.
· Fixed Assets: ensure capitalized assets are updated in database, depreciated and reconciled to general ledger.
· Unclaimed Property Reporting: file appropriate documents with customers, providers, vendors and state agencies.
· Commission Reporting: process commission payments while supporting Sales and Brokers with commission payments questions.
· Account Reconciliations: complete assigned general ledger accounts in an accurate and timely manner.
· Other Duties; as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Proficient in Windows, Excel, and Word.
· Experience with financial accounting systems.
· Manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
· Handle high volume of data with speed and accuracy.
· Work well in a team environment; yet be self-directed in work and time management.
· Be responsive to internal and external customer needs.
· Understand basic principles of accounting.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate degree (A. A.) in accounting from two year community college and two years experience in the accounting field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Written and verbal communication skills should be clear and concise. Possess the ability to read, analyze, and comprehend instructions common to invoices, financial reports, and regulatory documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from internal or external customers. Be able to effectively present information to staff and management team.
Ability to perform simple mathematical operations.
Ability to conceptualize accounting problems and implement solutions. Be able to define problems, collect necessary data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to find, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.