The Accounts Payable Control Analyst is responsible for running and reviewing control reports to ensure invoice payment parameters are being met.
The incumbent will partner on cross-functional issue resolution and identify process improvements to ensure ongoing compliance with expected standards. The incumbent is also responsible for partnering with outsource vendors to ensure master files are kept current with any vendor changes.
The Accounts Payable Control Analyst is responsible for executing the disbursement cycle in accordance with prevailing company policy.
- Review invoice entry batches prepared by Accounts Payable Coordinators and partner to ensure errors are resolved.
- Support payment process in accordance with company policy.
- Run, review and analyze both control and ad hoc reports, such as Aged Trial Balance and discount reporting; partner with management to drive process improvements.
- Lead escheatment process with outsourcing partner and meet internal requirements.
- Drive compliance to invoicing standards
- Lead electronic payment initiative
- Research and resolve outstanding checks and wires.
- Maintain departmental policy and procedures
- Responsible for all system testing
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong analytical skills
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team and independently
- Ability to react in a high volume, fast paced and changing environment while not losing focus on priorities
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Results oriented
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work with functional groups and different level of employees to effectively and professionally achieve results
- Strong follow-up skills; ability to organize applicable department timelines and follow up on internal and external customer needs
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast paced environment
- Strong track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with internal and external customers and vendors.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests and to collaborate with others to utilize their resources and knowledge to identify high quality solutions
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or in a related field preferred
- Minimum 3 years Accounts Payable experience required
- Experience with Oracle required
Approximately 100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions.
Approximately 0% travel may be required in support of the position’s responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
We are a dynamic organization in a rapidly changing industry.
Accordingly, the responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with business needs.
More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
The incumbent must be flexible as there may be workweeks that require more than 40 hours to ensure the positions expectations and responsibilities are met.
American Tower (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce.
The Company is committed to a policy of equal employment and will not discriminate against an applicant or associate based on his or her age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, physical or mental disability, handicap, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy or any other category protected under federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process can contact us at (617) 587-7911 for assistance.
American Tower - 2 years ago
American Tower, an S&P 500 and a Forbes Global 2000 company, is a leading independent owner, operator and developer of wireless...