Job Summary and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Controller, this position will coordinate the accounts payable function at Hebrew Rehabilitation Center. In addition to providing excellent customer service and ensuring timely and accurate payments to our vendors and employees, this position requires an individual who can interact with our many customers and drive process improvement throughout the organization.
II. Position Accountabilities
· Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel)
- Coordinate all aspects of the accounts payable function including but not limited to:
- Opening and sorting AP mail daily.
- Match supporting documentation to AP checks.
- Mail AP checks weekly (approximately 125-150 per week).
- File on a weekly basis vouchered AP invoices and check requests as back up and support for check issuance.
- Monitor invoices for proper coding and approval.
- Perform data entry of invoices and credits into Meditech AP system.
- Communicate with vendors and staff regarding payments.
- Track and resolve discrepancies on vendor statements.
- Demonstrate proficiency in using personal computer, including knowledge and skill in the use of the Windows operating system and pertinent software applications such as:
· Word Processing (Microsoft Word)
· Meditech – Preferred
III. Core Competencies:
- Assist with telephone coverage and mail delivery for department as needed.
- Perform other related duties as required or as directed by the Disbursements Manager.
- Work with accounting staff to ensure that expenses are accurate, properly categorized and recorded in the proper period.
- Work with managers to ensure that policies and procedures are followed and that best practices are implemented.
- Manage and develop an assistant as a suitable backup.
· Initiative: Willingly seizes or creates opportunities to improve current & future business performance.
· Results Orientation: Focuses on delivering superior performance by setting and achieving stretch goals.
· Organizational Know-how- understands and uses formal structure, important relationships and culture within HSL and with external customers to accomplish work objectives and outcomes.
· Impact and Influence: Persuades, convinces, and enlists others to support and adopt a course of action or direction in support of organizational goals.
· Customer Service Orientation: Takes personal responsibility for understanding the real and underlying needs of customers’ and anticipating and meeting their expectations to establish viable, long-term relationships.
· Teamwork and Collaboration: Works effectively within a team, group and across the organization and accomplishes tasks and desired results while behaving constructively as opposed to separately and competitively.
· Communication: Absorbs, comprehends and exchanges information with others, enhancing mutual understanding of ideas, issues and desired action.
Technical Expertise: Uses and Expands technical body of knowledge to continuously improve work deliverables, share technical information with others, and establish leading technology practices with the organization
V. Physical Requirements:
- 5 to 7 years of Accounts Payable experience. 2 to 3 yrs in a lead or coordinator role.
- Ability to process a large volume of transactions accurately.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using a personal computer, including knowledge and skill in the use of the Windows operating system and pertinent software applications, such as word and excel.
- Meditech experience would be a plus.
- You must be highly detail oriented and organized, and have strong communication skills.
- A strong personality and respectful personality with the ability to effect change.
· Ability to sit at a computer for long periods of time.
Hebrew SeniorLife is the largest provider of elder care in the Boston metropolitan area. Founded in 1903, Hebrew SeniorLife is an affiliate of Harvard Medical School and a nonprofit, non-sectarian organization devoted to innovative gerontology and geriatric research , senior health care , long-term nursing home care , and Greater Boston senior housing communities that improve the lives of older adults. From independent living to assisted living , Hebrew SeniorLife provides retirement communities in Massachusetts that are designed to help older adults live healthy independent lives.