Rocket Fuel delivers the only programmatic media-buying platform at big data scale that harnesses the power of artificial intelligence to improve marketing ROI. Rocket Fuel's powerful Advertising That Learns™ technology drives best-in-plan results for advertisers, and empowers media teams to focus on strategy, not spreadsheets. Its distributed planet-scale computing engine currently screens over 26 billion ads per day, and selects the best for its customers, via real-time bidding (RTB) relationships with major publishers and exchanges. The technique has proven itself across web, mobile, video, and social channels, with 894 brands powered by Rocket Fuel in 2012.
Awarded #4 on Forbes' 2013 Most Promising Companies In America list, Rocket Fuel was founded by online advertising veterans and rocket scientists from NASA, Yahoo!, Salesforce.com, and DoubleClick. Rocket Fuel currently employs over 300 people in 15 offices worldwide including New York, London, Toronto, and Hamburg, and has a strategic alliance with cci to provide its services in Japan
Under the direction of the Sr. Director, Finance with broad latitude for independent judgment, action and decision making, the Accounts Payable Manager is responsible for overseeing the activities of the AP group, including AP Supervisors and AP Clerks, ensuring that the AP department is functioning efficiently and the AP balances are correct.
- Team Management: Trains and evaluates employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product. Sets measurable performance metrics for individuals and the group. Motivates and rewards employees. Oversees the full cycle hiring process, performance appraisal process.
- Cash Management: Provides management with accurate and timely cash requirements analysis by closely monitoring the AP aging.
- Disbursements: Supervises AP disbursement group which handles all check disbursements, 1099 and tax related matters for all lines of business. Ensures all payments are processed efficiently and are properly authorized in accordance with company policy.
- Vendor management: Manages vendor relationships, resolves issues, maintains vendor files and ensures that vendor accounts are reconciled timely. Ensures that proper information is maintained for historical purposes.
- Accounting: Manages accounting functions including maintenance of accounts payable sub ledger. Ensures the AP Sub ledger is closed and reconciled to the GL monthly, quarterly and annually by the deadline. Ensures accuracy and timeliness of the AP Sub ledger (minimizes cut off errors).
- Communication: Communicates and responds to inquires from vendors, employees, and management in order to resolve disputes and assist with reporting. Work with various department heads in order to identify and troubleshoot issues.
- Systems/ Improvements: Identifies issues and implements solutions. Develops, implements and maintains systems, procedures and policies. Performs other duties and special projects as required.
Managed a team of 5 to 6 in a high growth environment
Experience in a growing media company highly desirable
College Degree Required: Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration.
Knowledge and Proficiency of Finance/Accounting Principles
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as a customer service mind-set required.
Computer skills with MS Office software, experience with NetSuite, other ERP accounting software is highly desirable
Must be organized and possess the ability to multi-task