JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
This position is responsible for ensuring vendor invoice variances are researched and resolved, and vendor invoices are approved for payment within the A/P system.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
* Resolve issues when the vendor invoice does not match the purchase order or product receipt. This will involve working with internal customers; buyers, pricing, and distribution center personnel, etc., and vendor.
* Reconcile vendor statements. Once the aging is received from the vendor, the A/P Researcher is responsible for reconciling the statement. This will include resolving any pricing/quantity/receiving issues, and checking the received, not invoice report to determine if any invoices are missing, and request any copies that are needed based on that report or the vendor aging.
* Answer vendor calls, as well as provide the vendor with any information they need regarding invoices and payment status; vendor calls should be returned within 24 hours.
* Maintain desk files on all "critical" vendors so that information can be found on that vendor at a glance.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
A teammate in this position must:
* Have a High School Diploma with College level Business and/or Accounting courses a plus.
* Have a minimum of 3 years experience in Accounts Payable, with variance resolution experience.
* Have excellent analytical and communication skills.
* Have experience with JD Edwards is preferred.
* Be able to speak, read and understand the English language.
* Be able to successfully pass a physical capabilities test, drug screen and criminal background check.
* Office environment.
You might say this company makes it convenient for stores and restaurants to get food. McLane Company is one of the largest wholesale...