Strong. Stable. Local. Personal.
Specialist I, Accounts Payable (#13987)
South Bend, Indiana
1st Source Bank is the largest locally controlled financial institution headquartered in the northern Indiana, southwestern Michigan area. 1st Source has approximately $4.5 billion in assets and operates more than 75 banking centers in 17 counties, seven Trust and Wealth Management locations and eight 1st Source Insurance offices as well as over twenty 1st Source Bank Specialty Finance Group locations nationwide. We deliver a comprehensive range of banking services along with highly personalized attention to our clients, both individuals and businesses. Our mission is to help our clients achieve security, build wealth and realize their dreams.
Come work for an organization that consistently receives awards as the Favorite Bank in the area – whether it’s in Indiana or Southwestern Michigan; Five-Star ratings from Bauer Financial, the best rating possible for our strong financial foundation; over 20 years of consecutive dividend growth for our shareholders; and routinely lists in the Top 150 Performers of banks nationwide by Bank Director Magazine based on profitability, asset quality and capital adequacy. 1st Source has also been recognized for our strong workplace environment that values its employees and our positive work culture that includes respect, communication, opportunity and being part of a team.
We base employment on an individual's experience, skills, talents and perspectives. We value our colleagues and treat each with honesty, dignity and respect. We are committed to creating a diverse and talented team whose strengths improve our ability to serve our customers.
Responsible for processing invoices and expense reports following corporate policies and Accounts Payable procedures. Tracks company car and country club usage.
- Receives, reviews, and prepares incoming invoices and check requests, and inputs into accounts payable application for payment. Follows up on invoices that are not properly approved, properly documented, or are not in compliance with Corporate Policy. Researches and resolves discrepancies
- Sets up new vendors in accounts payable application system
- Inputs, reviews, processes, and files daily ACH invoices and expense reports
- Responsible for separating stubs from checks and matching with processed invoices for accounts payable records. Prepares checks and mails checks to external vendors. Distributes special handling checks to various departments and employees via inter-company mail
- Sets up new vendor folders and files daily invoices
- Scans and indexes invoices
- Inputs country club dues and usage for employees to track individual membership expenses
- Prepares year end spreadsheet for supervisor’s approval and submits to Payroll for purposes of end of year W-2 reporting
- Sets up 1099MISC reportable vendor information in accounts payable application per IRS regulations
- Responsible for the completion of all compliance training related to the position
- Must understand all applicable laws and regulations that apply to the position and comply with the requirements
- Three months (3) - one (1) year of related experience preferred
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Prior bookkeeping or accounts payable experience preferred
- Scanning experience preferred
- Strong computer skills including Word and Excel
- Knowledge of PC based accounting systems
- Good organizational skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Accounting, South Bend, IN
FT – Non Exempt
Relevant Years of Experience:
3 months to 1 year