The Accounts Payable Specialist position is a key individual within the Finance department with overall responsibilities for ensuring the accuracy, timeliness, and completeness of the Company’s accounts payable payments. This is accomplished by establishing standards, procedures, and processes, and developing relationships with department managers and vendors to support the facilitation of these payments.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Processing accounts payable invoices, process vendor payments, process payments to learners, process payments to faculty, and process payments for employee expense reimbursements.
- Create and maintain vendor records
- File and remit Sales & Use tax nationwide
- Audit pre and post payment batches
- Assist in 1099-MISC reporting processes
- Reconcile month end accounts payable subsidiary ledger to the general ledger
- Maintain SOX process and control documents as they relate to Accounts Payable
- Respond timely to internal and external inquiries regarding payment status and bank information.
- Assisting in special projects.
- PeopleSoft experience preferred.
- 2-4 Accounting degree preferred.
- 2-4 years accounts payable experience using an automated accounts payable system.
- Ability to work within a team-oriented environment.
- Attention to detail and commitment to accuracy.
- Excellent communications skill.
- Comfortable with technology and use of personal computers.
- Ability to adapt to a professional culture that combines the tradition of higher education with the innovation of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization.
225 S. 6
Minneapolis, MN 55402
How To Apply
Click the apply now button and apply to this job opening. You will be prompted to either login using an existing user ID and password or register for a new account.
About Capella University
Capella University is an online university built on graduate degrees, with more than 34,900 students throughout the U.S. and in other countries. Founded in 1993 to provide advanced educational opportunities for working professionals, Capella has become a national leader in online education, offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs. The university's success is built upon a culture that promotes human potential, achievement, innovation, integrity, collaboration, and teamwork. Capella Education Company (CPLA), parent company of Capella University, is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. Capella Education Company was named to the Inc. 500 Hall of Fame for being listed as one of the nation's fastest-growing companies for 7 consecutive years. Capella University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, located at 230 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1413, (312) 263-0456,
Equal Employment Opportunity
Capella is committed to the development of a multicultural environment. We seek greater diversity in our faculty and staff to broaden our academic experience and to reflect the diversity within our learner community. We value the input of multiple viewpoints and perspectives across the university and our corporate offices. Our goal is to create academic and business communities that are rich with cultural, social and intellectual diversity. Capella is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.
Where Academic Excellence is Online
As a regionally accredited institution offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degree programs in...