Accounts Payable Specialist
Full Time Position
T2 Biosystems is disrupting the landscape of clinical diagnostics with T2MR, the Company's proprietary magnetic biosensor detector. The T2MR technology enables healthcare professionals to save lives and reduce costs by providing sensitive, accurate, and rapid diagnostic results. The company's products can detect molecular or immunoassays targets and provide a robust menu of hemostasis measurements directly from unpurified clinical samples in hospitals, labs and physicians' offices.
T2 Biosystems has been named to the FierceMedicalDevices "Fierce 15" list, designating the company as one of the leading medical device and diagnostic companies of 2012. T2 Biosystems was chosen as one of this year's winners based on the company's promising technology, market opportunity, top management team and notable financial backing.
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated individual to join our Accounting Team as an Accounts Payable Specialist, responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical support to ensure that the company's finances are accurate and up to date and that vendors and suppliers are paid within established time limits.
Experience Required: At least five years' experience vouchering invoices and month-end journal entry experience.
Responsibilities: Perform the day-to-day processing of accounts payable transactions and month-end accruals to ensure that the company's finances are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner. Also will assist Accounting and Administration Manager in maintaining the Contracts Database System and be an active contributor when we convert to a new ERP System.
Our ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Receive and verify invoices and PO's for goods and services.
- Checks figures, postings, and documents for correct entry and mathematical accuracy
- Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures
- Prepare batches of invoices for data entry through 3 way matching system
- Data enter invoices for payment
- Prepare vendor checks for mailing
- Maintain updated vendor files
- Ensure the company has W-9 Forms for all vendors
- Process month-end expense accruals
- Verify Expense Reports comply with company policies and enter into PeachTree
- Perform such other duties as may be specified.
If this sounds like you, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org , and please identify the job title in the subject line.
- 5 Years experience in Accounts Payable.
- High School Degree with equivalent experience. Associates Degree in Accounting preferred.
- Experience using Excel and Word.
- Peachtree experience a plus
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy
- Ability to maintain confidentiality concerning company information
- Comfortable learning new systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills
T2 Biosystems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.
T2 Biosystems is a private company developing a next-generation medical diagnostic platform that will enable rapid and accurate diagnostic...