Accounts Payable Specialist
Are you organized, detail-oriented, and process-driven? Are numbers your thing? If so, you might be just the individual we’re seeking for our Accounts Payable position here at The Clymb. This position processes invoices / payments, ensures compliance with payables policies / procedures, and provides other support necessary to pay the obligations of the organization. We also want this position to back-up payroll.
- Manage the accounts payable process. Perform on-line, 3-way matching for merchandise purchases. Obtain sign-off approvals for non-merchandise invoices. Verify pricing and dates. Ensure against payment duplications.
- Create payables reports for payment reviews. Assemble invoices for payment. Print and obtain signatures on checks. Initiate wire and ACH transfers. Distribute signed checks as required
- Maintain all accounts payable reports, spreadsheets and corporate accounts payable files.
- Answer vendor and internal inquiries.
- Act as liaison between accounting, merchandising and vendors. Clarify any questionable invoice items, terms, prices, or approvals; provide information regarding invoice payments and timing.
- Perform filing. Assist in monthly closings. Reconcile accounts monthly. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide back up for payroll activities. Collect hours and process payroll when back up is required
- Minimum 3 years experience processing accounts payable using a modern accounting system and MS Excel. NetSuite experience is nice-to-have (the user experience is similar to QuickBooks)
- Accurate data-input, strong organizational, and solid time management skills. Detail-oriented. Able to work independently
- Degree in business, finance, or accounting preferred.
- Experience in processing payroll. Knowledge of ADP a plus.
- Can easily thrive working in fast paced, sometimes chaotic environment.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Can relate to The Clymb's products and the Northwest outdoor lifestyle.
- Is driven to meet The Clymb’s Core Values of Growth, Excellence, Authenticity, and Respect.
The Clymb is a private retail community - connecting premium outdoor brands with passionate, influential end-users. A dedication to innovation, customer service and brand stewardship have helped us become the fastest growing e-tailer in the outdoor industry. We work hard so we can play hard and we use the gear we sell. If you're as passionate about innovation as you are the outdoors, come join us at our Portland, OR headquarters. Good Things Come to Those Who Clymb™
- Attach your résumé.
- Tell us why you belong here.
- Provide three professional references - include in the cover letter.
- Provide salary history from three most recent jobs - include in the cover letter.