The AP Specialist is responsible for performing professional accounting duties in support of various accounting functions including Accounts Payable and General Ledger. They will ensure accurate and proper processing of invoices and assist with the completion of the month-end close in accordance with IFRS and GAAP standards.
• Understanding of fundamental accounting concepts
• Accurate and timely data entry of Accounts Payable invoice information into the company ERP systems.
• Monitor workflow queues and work with team members to ensure workload is processed based on priority.
• Work with customers, vendors, and fellow co-workers to clarify any missing information on vouchers.
• Complete month-end close and perform variance analysis for multiple operating facilities to ensure accuracy.
• Prepare journal entries and maintain proper supporting documentation
• Reconcile Balance Sheet accounts monthly, and maintain a monthly close binder
• Must demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills with good vocabulary, good grammar and the ability to independently compose routine written communications.
• Must possess strong telephone etiquette
• Must have strong computer skills with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and other systems.
• Must have ability to develop spreadsheets and modify formats in order to complete assignments
• Must demonstrate ability to pay close attention to details, and present good planning, organization, and time management skills
• Must have the ability to handle diverse tasks simultaneously and be able to work effectively with interruptions
• Ability to handle confidential or sensitive information or issues
• Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily
• Office environment
• Adequate lighting, comfortable temperatures, and a low noise level
• Frequent long-term periods of sitting while operating computer.
• Occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger press to operate the computer keyboard, calculator and telephone keypad.
• Possess speaking skills and hearing ability to interact with field accounting personnel and operations management on the telephone.
• Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration a plus
• 1-2 years of related work experience
• Detail oriented
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to organize and manage varying tasks
• Ability to work autonomously
Veolia Environmental Services - 5 months ago