The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is a leading professional services firm which prides itself in conducting high-impact, high-stakes projects for significant Federal, state, and private organizations. The Corporate Finance Office (CFO) is a dynamic workplace within AIR with a clear agenda to develop a service oriented organization in line with the business. It is composed of a strong team of co-workers and challenging varied roles that aim to stretch and expand the value CFO delivers within AIR.
The Accounts Payable Supervisor will be responsible for leading the Accounts Payable function in accordance with established policies and procedures as well as managing the accounts payable staff. This role will provide leadership to AP staff including coaching, mentoring, and employee development and also serves as back up for the AP Manager role.
AIR is seeking an Accounts Payable Supervisor to join our team in our Washington, D.C. (Georgetown) office.
• Lead the accounts payable team to reach processing objectives while ensuring adherence to internal controls and with a strong focus on customer service.
• Review and post accounts payable transactions ensuring:
o appropriate authorizations and coding
o adequate supporting documentation
o compliance with regulations and organizational policies and procedures
• Complete bi-weekly check run and positive pay file transmissions.
• Oversee monthly rent payments and process international wire payments.
• Process all voids, reissues, and reconcile voided transactions.
• Serve as back up for the vendor administration process.
• Provide guidance and support to AP team members.
• Collaborate with the management team on implementing best practices and process improvements.
• Demonstrated ability to provide a high level of customer service in a fast-paced environment
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field or commensurate experience
• Solid background in accounts payable transaction review and processing
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong leadership skills including coaching, mentoring and employee development skills
• Working knowledge of Deltek Costpoint, preferred
• Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel
• Detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple priorities and be self-motivated
• Strong analytical/problem solving skills
• Dependability and willingness to take on projects and complete them in a timely manner
• Experience with federal government travel regulations, preferred
American Institutes for Research - 6 months ago
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) lives and breathes to enhance human performance. The not-for-profit organization conducts...