As a Supervisor in the A/P Department at the OSI Corporate Headquarters you will be expected to perform functions to plan, control and direct Corporate and Plant accounts payable, beginning with invoice processing through payment receipt to suppliers while adhering to company policy, procedures and state sales/use tax laws.
MAJOR POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directly instruct and assist two accounts payable clerks and guide all location accounts payable clerks with daily issues while enforcing company policies and state tax laws.
- Approve and review all invoices verifying correct account coding, payment terms, payment amount, supplier information, and state tax compliance. Communicate any system or procedural changes to all company locations.
- Supervise daily creation of multiple supplier payment proposals to meet payment terms and various payment modes as well as maximize vendor discounts. Determine best method or process for file issue resolutions and communicate to internal and external contacts.
- Supervise vendor maintenance on ERP system including vendor consolidation, and communication to all accounts payable clerks and purchasing agents.
- Supervise third party system details for accurate G/L account coding and T & E policy compliance. Maintain and process internal downloads for transaction and retention systems.
- Resolve and/or supervise the resolution of all supplier payment issues including late invoice payment, lost checks, and incorrect payments including unclaimed property.
- Summarize and post clearing journal entry for all inter-company general ledger accounts on ERP system.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Five years related experience including proven supervisory skills
- Proficient with SAP or comparable ERP system for accounts payable
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Familiarity with multiple state sales/use tax laws
- Proficient with Excel and 10-key calculator
- Food industry experience a plus
- Ability to plan and execute against the plan; make decisions; plan for alternative outcomes.
- Ability to interact closely with plant location personnel and other departments to enforce company policies, governmental requirements, and maximize departmental efficiencies.
- Communication skills – interpersonal, presentation of company policy and/or changes to a large audience, manage staff professionally and maintain structured process flows.
- Understand basic general ledger accounting principles with regards to accounts payable.
- Ability to supervise in a matrix environment.
The OSI Group is a world leader in providing quality products and custom solutions for the food industry. That's why many of the worlds'...