Panther Expedited Services, Inc. is the largest independent provider of premium transportation services including ground, air, ocean, and logistics. Headquartered in Seville, Ohio, Panther has offices throughout the United States, including Atlanta, Chicago, Denver, Kansas City, Los Angeles, and Sacramento. As we have expanded our expertise and service offerings, Panther has grown to include all types of ground, air, and ocean freight service. For more information about Panther visit www.pantherexpedite.com .
We offer a competitive salary and benefit plan. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, disability and 401(k). The environment at Panther is exciting, fast-paced and full of opportunity for energetic, highly-motivated and results-driven professionals.
POSITION: AP Supervisor
LOCATION: Seville, OH
REPORTS TO: Director, Financial Analysis & Processes
The primary responsibility of the AP Supervisor is to oversee day to day functions of the Ground Payables team and to continuously improve the payables process to ensure that it is accurate, timely and flexible in a manner that supports the needs of the organization and the fleet. The AP supervisor manages the accounts payable staff to ensure that these functions are being done correctly and in a timely manner. The appropriate candidate should be systematic and professional while being able to work in a fast paced environment. This position reports directly to the director of Financial Analysis & Processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepares and processes weekly owner and agent settlements by ensuring accuracy of payable vs. contractual and elective deductions
• Manages DED code master ensuring accurate G/L match
• Oversees/prepares weekly manual check process (overhead, attorneys, IT equipment)
• Manages Comdata processes
• Audits daily advances and reconciles daily Comdata invoices
• Prepares daily cash transaction and daily payable tracker spreadsheets
• Prepares weekly Comdata, leasing agent and vendor remittances
• Manages escrows, including maintaining proper balances & monthly audit of capped fleet owners accounts
• Coordinates month end QC write offs with Asset Manager
• Handles all AP releases for returning owner/operators
• Works with driver relations to assist in improving retention by identifying owners with accounts in the negative and implementing a corrective action
• Works with collections to resolve load related owner outstanding debt
• Manages Accounts Payable staff
Required Education, Experience, Certification, Licenses, Registration:
• Accounting degree or equivalent experience
• Accounts Payable experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• MS Office
• Knowledge of Comdata system
• Knowledge of Intrans
Panther provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status, or other legally protected classification in the state in which a person is seeking employment. Applicants encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Drug-free work environment. Pre-employment drug screening required. Must be eligible to work in this country.
Panther Expedited Services - 10 months ago
Panther Expedited Services, Inc. is the largest independent provider of Premium Logistics® services including ground, air, ocean, and...