Want a company with a real vision?
Our people make the difference in our success. Our vision is to provide Total Lifetime care to every pet, every parent, every time. We can't achieve this vision without the right people - they make the difference in our business and our success. Every associate plays a role in achieving our success by focusing on our three strategic priorities - delighting our customers, growing pet services and operating excellence. Here at the Store Support Group, you could play a key role in supporting these strategic initiatives.
Today, PetSmart has over 1200 store locations, with many more scheduled to open soon. We continue to grow at our Corporate Headquarters which means great opportunities for a professional such as you!
Benefits of working with PetSmart
In addition to a competitive salary, PetSmart associates are eligible for health benefits, 401K options, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off, training and development, and an associate discount at all PetSmart stores!
PetSmart is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce, sustaining an inclusive and supportive work environment, and prohibiting harassment and discrimination in all aspects of employment. PetSmart participates in background, drug and E-Verify screenings as appropriate under Company policies and applicable law.
The position provides direct support for hiring, training and supervising Accounts Payable associates and ensuring accurate and timely processing of vendor invoices and payments.
This position supervises 14 direct reports. The position is responsible for the daily, weekly and monthly coordination and evaluation of this unit. The Accounts Payable Supervisor carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include assisting planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for all tasks assigned related to the department's month-end close process and disseminating tasks to other associates
• Review and Posting of Journal Entries and Accrual
• First level Review and Analysis of Month End Reconciliations
• Assist the Manger of Accounts Payable with budgetary items
• Determines work procedures, prepares work schedule and expedites workflow
• Work with auditors and Staff Accountants as appropriate to verify the adequacy of the general ledger balances
• Approves timecard and inputs payroll data into Kronos, to ensure associates are properly paid
• Responsible for SOX compliance
• Oversees overall payments owed to vendors
• Compiles composite reports from individual reports of subordinates required by management or government agencies
• Provides feedback to Management on opportunities to streamline processes.
• Assures department has properly documented processes for key job functions
• Responsible for all testing with SAP releases/upgrades are successfully completed
• Point of contact for RFC projects
• Prepares specialized reporting to identify and correct any foreseen exposures related to the payment of accounts.
• Partners with 3rd party post recovery auditors to collect on erroneous payments to vendors.
• Completes special projects and reporting for the Manager of Accounts Payable, as necessary.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent
• 6 years progressive work experience in Finance/Accounting
• 3-5 years supervisory experience
• Understanding of GAAP
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Applies advanced skills to the position within particular field of specialization. Knows and applies fundamental concepts, practices and procedures. This position is a competent professional. Advanced evaluation, originality, and ingenuity are required. Requires unreviewed action and decision making. Requires ability to communicate two levels up and two levels down effectively. Ability to manage group to meet tight deadlines around accounting cycles.
Management of diverse group with varying skill sets. Drives and manages change due to impacts from various areas, business requirements, EDI requirements, Government changes etc. Seek and implement opportunities to enhance AP operations
Ability to demonstrate advanced proficiency in the following skills and applications
• Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook e-mail
• Internet and Web-based Programs
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certified Accounts Payable Professional (CAPP) preferred but not required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment are characteristic of those found in a typical office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Submit Resume | Use Our Resume Builder
Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend
Print Job Details
Want to create a job search agent ?
Job Cart Directions
Interested in more than one position? Great! Instead of submitting multiple resumes, when you find a position that interests you, all you need to do is click on ADD JOB TO CART. At the bottom of the screen, you will see the positions you have added to your cart. When you are done searching, click on CHECKOUT & SUBMIT RESUME. If you have changed your mind and want to remove a position, you will be able to on the Resume Submittal Form, or click on CLEAR CART to start over. You are limited to selecting up to 5 jobs per location.
Check out &
PetSmart - 11 months ago
PetSmart, Inc. is a specialty provider of products, services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. The Company has identified a...