The Management Trust
POSITION TITLE: Accounts Payable Supervisor, Tustin, CA
REPORTS TO: Director of Accounting
The Management Trust, www.managementtrust.com, is a premier community association management company with 150 years of community management experience, which together bring a promise of innovation and industry leadership. That spirit is readily apparent in our status as the only 100% employee-owned company in the community management industry. We currently serve six states (AZ, CA, CO, NV, OR, WA) and are rapidly growing.
COMPANY CONFORMANCE STATEMENTS:
Within the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Accounts Payable Supervisor will provide high level of support and service to the TMT divisions. The position will be responsible for supervision for all phases of the Accounts Payable function, including vendor set-up and maintenance and the timely and accurate payment of properly approved financial obligations.
- Ensures timely and accurate payment of properly approved vendor invoices, freight payments, capital expenditures and other payments as necessary ensuring the proper assignment of GL coding.
- Mentors, supervises, develops and trains staff.
- Establishes and maintains performance metrics for the department.
- Assists the Director with developing departmental planning and process activities.
- Maintains continuous improvement mindset and proactively identifies, reviews and implements process improvements.
- Builds strong internal, external and cross functional business relationships.
- Leads project teams through successful implementations with strong project management skills
- Maintains internal controls applicable to all facets of the Accounts Payable process. This includes the assessment of control risk and the recommendation of improvements to mitigate such risk.
- Maintains and communicates all AP related policies to the department.
- Completes and reviews all AP related balance sheet reconciliations.
- Supports the Divisional accounting staffs on issues related to items affecting the general ledger; this includes, but is not limited to, the coordination and communication of the year end invoice accrual process, assistance with year-end audit support and preparation of various month or year end journal entries.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Requires 2 years to less than 5 years of related supervisory experience.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication.
- High level of interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage timelines and deliverables.
- Strong customer service expertise.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Ability to be flexible and work in dynamic, fast-paced environment managing multiple tasks.
- Ability to effectively work with employees at all levels in the organization and across all functions.
- Proficient knowledge of Trustlink and Sage Accounting Systems preferred.