Accounts Payable Associate has the responsibility to process and maintain records of payment due to vendors. The clerk has to reconcile the expenses which have been approved for payment and ensure all payments are made accurately and within the time limits. The position requires performance of all administrative, record-keeping and accounting-related duties assigned by the Manager.
Accounts Payable Associate
1. Obtain W-9 and maintain 1099 vendor's information
2. Assist other areas of finance department by assisting external and internal audits for AP area
3. Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
4. Take ownership for maintain work flow in system for electronic invoice approval.
5. Match up invoices and purchase orders with approvals to process and put on appropriate payment form. Ensure payment is made within the discount terms, if applicable.
6. Distribute checks via regular mail and prepare checks to be picked up by various individuals, who must sign for them in the Check Log Book.
7. Keep track of credits due from vendors and use against outstanding invoices (credits for returned or damaged merchandise).
8. Proofread Invoice Entry Reports for accuracy, noting any corrections, and ensure corrections are made.
9. Ensure correct procedures are followed in observance with established A/P policies.
8. Supervise staff and serve as a second manager to a growing department
9. Investigate and resolve any discrepancies regarding invoices, vendor statements, shortages, etc.
10. Ensure that all paperwork for new vendors is complete and accurate, i.e., business or individual name, address, telephone number, fax number, completed and signed W-9 form, etc.
Minimum 5- 7 years experience in Accounts Payable
Able to process a high volume of invoices
Must Be Team Player with great communication skills and leadership ability.
Strong attention to detail
Strong sense of urgency
Creative thinker who can implement new ideas to change and improve processes
Knowledge of Excel and Word
Able to work with minimum supervision
Knowledge of AS 400 a plus
Must be able to handle problems and priorities during emergencies
Must be able to process credit card payments
Must be able to process employee expense reports