Full Time with Benefits
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Accounts Receivable & Collections Representative
· Coordinates the customer credit application process by obtaining necessary documentation from the customer and pulling credit report from Experian. Upon receipt of management approval, the customer account is established along with the appropriate demographics
· Processes invoices, credit memos, monthly statements and distributes to the customer.
· Prepares and processes daily check deposits, processes credit card payments, and processes lockbox deposits and incoming electronic funds transfers.
· Communicates with customer accounts in order to assure timely cash receipts.
· Reviews customer accounts and assesses finance charges based on customer contracts.
· Works with management on past due accounts and recommends appropriate actions to minimize the company exposure. The actions include but are not limited to changing payment terms, changing billing cycle, suspending services, and referring account to outside collection agency.
· Answers accounts receivable phone inquiries and follows up accordingly.
· Maintains paper and electronic records according to the company retention policy.
· Researches and processes customer claims of invoice payment. The incumbent also researches and processes charge backs, returns, and bad checks.
· Communicates with customers as necessary in order to maintain up-to-date account information.
· Assists with related special projects, as required.
The incumbent complies with DMS policies, local, state and federal regulations and laws related to work duties and responsibilities.
The incumbent demonstrates commitment to customer satisfaction and quality as exhibited by internal and external customer feedback. This includes timely completion of mandatory education and current credentials.
The incumbent complies with safety and quality procedures and initiatives by s trictly following safety policies, rules and safe work methods, making suggestions to support continuous improvements in safety, promptly correcting or reporting safety hazards or unsafe conditions, promptly reporting injuries for timely diagnoses and medical treatment, and by participating in safety processes such as safety committee, safety inspections, etc.
In an effort to promote professional growth to its employees and the organization, DMS may alter job duties, responsibilities, and projects in the course of employment.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
2 year accounting degree or equivalent experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations, Testing
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit and talk or hear; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
DMS Health Technologies - 9 months ago