Responsible for overseeing the daily timely posting of billing and cash collections, and analyzing and reporting of outstanding accounts receivable balances. This position will require considerable interaction with internal customers as well as outside vendors contracted to service CDPHP. In addition the incumbent will be responsible for the preparation and review of Accounts Receivable (AR) status and aging reports, performing research, proactively managing problem resolution/developing action plans, preparing ad hoc reports, creating monthly journal entries and general ledger account reconciliations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related discipline required.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree. Relevant experience includes general accounting functions, including but not limited to accounts receivable, accounts payable, or fixed asset accounting functions.
- Minimum one (1) year accounting or financial analysis experience in medium to large sized (100+ employees) corporation is required. Internship experience will be considered.
- Insurance or healthcare industry accounting preferred.
- Proven analytical skills to develop, review, and interpret financial reports required. Ability to identify areas of concern and make recommendations for resolution is required.
- Experience working cross-functionally and with outside vendor relationships to perform problem resolution or proactively explore process improvements.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel (advanced formula usage, pivot tables, filtering, sorting, extensive spreadsheet preparation) and Access.
- Ability to work independently in an analytical capacity on accounts receivable and cash flow concepts is required.
- Strong understanding of ledger, sub ledger and third party software interfacing concepts required.
- Effective verbal, written, organization and interpersonal skills required.
- Demonstrated skill in project coordination is preferred.
- Attention to detail and high degree of accuracy required.
- Knowledge of general accounting and bookkeeping procedures.
Salary Grade: 14