AAM is a world leader in the manufacture, engineering, validation and design of driveline systems, chassis systems and forged products for trucks, buses, sport utility vehicles and passenger cars.
Currently, this Tier 1 automotive components supplier needs a talented individual to fill the role of Accounts Receivable / Credit & Collections Analyst at our World Headquarters located in Detroit, MI. This position will report to the Manager Accounts Receivable / Customer Collections.
•Responsible for customer collection activity which include:
o Analysis of Accounts Receivable agings.
o Contact with customers to obtain payment information and/or commitments on past due items.
o Processing and verification of timely and accurate invoicing / statements. This will require a working knowledge of Oracle to input data and/or process transactions.
o Problem solving and appropriate resolution of disputed amounts with customers, utilizing strong customer service skills.
o Coordinate with internal plants on disputed items and documentation requests.
o Implementation of process improvements identified during the collection process.
o Weekly reporting of delinquent account activity to management.
•Preparation of customer credit analysis which include:
o New and existing customer financial reviews and analysis.
o Periodic customer analysis, including customer payment trends and recommendations for credit limits/actions, if necessary.
o Reports related to customer sales or collection activity, as requested.
o Make recommendations on credit and collection policies and practices
• Responsible for various tasks within the Accounts Receivable department which include:
o Month-end financial close process assistance.
o General ledger account reconciliations.
o Cash application.
• Assist with Sarbanes Oxley Section 404 testing documentation.
• Assist with various analyses and projects as assigned.
• Undergraduate degree required. Majors preferred in business, accounting or finance.
• 3-5 years experience required in the following areas:
Invoicing and collections activity
ERP experience -Accounts Receivable modules (Oracle preferred)
Understanding of manufacturing processes/departments, EDI processes
General ledger account reconciliations
• Effective professional written and oral communication skills.
• Strong decision-making, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
• Proficient PC skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Access, Word) - above average skills a plus.
• Strong analytical skills required.
• Self-motivated, resourceful and detail oriented with the ability to effectively prioritize.
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with accuracy.
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to effectively work with teams.
American Axle & Manufacturing, Inc. - 19 months ago
American Axle & Manufacturing (AAM) is GM's right-hand man for driveline systems and forged products. AAM manufactures axles,...