The South Central Region of the National MS Society is looking for a full-time accounts receivable associate. Position is based out of our Houston office.
• Process lock box batches and deposits by coding revenue according to donor's wish
• Perform daily reconciliations between general ledger and data reports
• Prepare deposits for Region using Remote Deposit Capture
• Review Data & GL reports with respect of identifying discrepancies
• Provide assistance in closing books at month end
• Set up, maintain and update donor files in Altair and Convio systems
• Research discrepancies in a timely manner with follow-up to constituent
• Pleasant phone demeanor
• Prepare Data and GL batch entry forms for lock boxes and deposits
• Assist in all phases of cash collections and processing during event season
• Monitor assigned account details for accuracy
• Maintain and update Accounts Receivable Binders for audit
• Generate check requests when needed
• Other general office duties as assigned
• Review deposits from outlying offices prior to submitting to data.
• Follow established procedures for processing cash receipts
• High school diploma / GED required. Some college preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years accounts receivable and/or general accounting experience
• General knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Outlook software programs
• Efficient with ten key touch
• Must be able to work extended hours including weekends -some travel required
• High attention to detail
• Possess good organizational and interpersonal skills
• Problem-solving, decision - making skills required
• Good customer service and communications skills
• Balance multiple tasks, set priorities and meet deadlines
• Typing and computer data entry skills
National Multiple Sclerosis Society - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society funds research intended to find the cause and cure of MS. For people affected by the disease, it...