The Accounts Receivable (A/R) Billing Specialist position is responsible for computerized billing, reimbursement, insurance filing and communicating with residents and families of Oakwood. This position supports the A/R team and will work with other A/R team members to coordinate billing and collections of for Oakwood Lutheran Senior Ministries programs and services, as well as provide quality customer service to Residents, families and their appointed representatives.
This position is accountable to the Accounts Receivable Manager.
1. Responsible for gaining a full understanding of the Accounts Receivable process and system. Offers suggestions to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
2. Accounts Receivable
Prepares all resident billings.
Analyzes aging of accounts receivable and takes appropriate action on old outstanding balances.
Meets with families of residents, as needed, regarding billing concerns and assists with information needed for their insurance filing.
Records payments to resident accounts.
Prepares and reviews Medicare Parts A & B billings, maintaining logs and tracking payments.
Performs all electronic billing using FISS.
Prepares insurance filings for co-insurance days and 20% Medicare B.
Tracks and files Medicare demands, as needed.
Files special reports, as requested.
Member of Medicare Team working with the Nursing, Health, Information Systems and Therapy Departments.
Prepares and transmits Medicaid billings, reviews payments, analyzes and adjust, as needed.
Prepares insurance filings, as necessary.
Maintains working knowledge of consolidated billing requirements.
Works closely with MDS coordinator for proper RUGS rating and billing.
Works closely with Health Information Systems Director for proper diagnosis coding.
Assists with the preparation of Medicare and Medicaid cost reports.
Files special reports as requested.
5. Works with nursing and admissions to assure that all ancillaries are properly set up for billing.
6. Works with other A/R team members to process billing and accounts receivable for Independent and Assisted Living residents.
7. Assists with annual independent audit.
8. Other duties as necessary.
9. Assists in creating and maintaining the Oakwood Billing Manual.
8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday-Friday, 80 hours every two weeks.
1. Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid guidelines.
2. Knowledge of computerized insurance filing.
3. General knowledge of accounting principles.
4. Accurate and highly detail oriented with strong analytical skills.
5. Ability to handle confidential information.
6. Excellent human relations and communication skills.
7. Ability to work in a partnership environment, which fosters teamwork in meeting the mission of Oakwood.
8. Ability to exercise independent judgment and make sound decisions.
9. Skillful in operating office equipment.
10. Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
EXPERIENCE AND/OR TRAINING
1. Associate degree in Accounting is required.
2. Minimum 3-5 years experience in comparable setting is preferred. Experience with Medicare and Medicaid essential
3. Proficient in the use of billing, spreadsheet and word processing software in Microsoft Office suite preferred.
4. Strong analytical skills.
Oakwood Village - 21 months ago
Helping older adults lead lives of growth, happiness, health and security has been the focus of Oakwood Lutheran Senior Ministries for more...