Pall is a Fortune 1000 materials science and engineering company with the broadest filtration, separation and purification capabilities in the world. Our process and product enabling technologies help our customers make good products better, safer and even possible. We provide innovative products to customers in health care, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, semiconductor, and municipal drinking water, aerospace and industrial manufacturing markets. Headquartered in Long Island, NY, Pall has operations in every major country.
A/R-Cash Application Specialist
The A/R Cash Applications Specialist is responsible for accurately posting customer payments in accordance with customer remit detail and compliance to Accounts Receivable policy. This includes communication with collectors, customer service and customers to prevent accounts from reaching past due status and resolution of claims. The A/R Cash Applications Specialist is a front line associate who interacts with the collectors and customers on payment remittance activities. H/She provides resolution on unapplied, unprocessed and application related problems, escalates problem accounts to management as required by business circumstances, identifies and prevents credit risk and receivable related loss to the company, creates reports and provides analysis to the Assistant Manager about the status of assigned lockbox portfolio.
- Lockbox import process and posting customer payments by check, ACH, Wire, Credit Card, Virtual lockbox deposit and Misc. Non A/R Deposits with JE Upload spreadsheets. Includes USA and Canada.
- Collector and Customer Service contact for payment related issues and dispute resolution
- Work with customers on resolving unapplied cash and developing process for future payments to auto-post
- Credit card processing which includes charging, daily report log preparation and balancing, payment posting, fee calculations and posting journal entries. Charge-backs and declined reinstatements.
- Exception accounts preparing, resolving and payment posting
- Returned check analysis and monthly reporting of problematic accounts
- Projects and other duties as assigned
- Familiar with PowerPoint
- Understands system processing for cash posting transactions
- Understands SOX key controls over cash posting processes
- Seeks to understand expected behaviors of Pall culture and applies Pall Code of Conduct policies
- Participates in AR system testing of changes / new software
- Training of new staff members
High school diploma or equivalent
2-5 years’ experience in Accounts Receivable cash applications
2-5 years’ SAP Cash Application experience
2-5 years’ experience with Microsoft programs (Excel and Word) with the ability to perform Vlookups
2-5 years’ experience utilizing websites for bank reports and customer remittance advices
Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance or similar field
The above describes the essential content of and requirements for proficient performance in the position and is not meant to be all-inclusive.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, religion, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or protected veteran status or marital status.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Pall Corporation - 30+ days ago
With operations around the globe, Pall is not small. The company operates two businesses globally: Life Sciences and Industrial. The Life...