Portfolio Recovery Associates (PRA) is a sixteen year old, publicly traded company (NASDAQ-PRAA) that represents a diverse mix of business and government services that continues to expand. We now operate in more than ten states with a focus on charged-off and bankrupt consumer debt purchase, skip location, government revenue administration, and the monitoring and filing of class action claims. We have also been awarded as one of the 100 Best Small Companies in America, according to the prestigious annual rankings list sponsored by premier business magazine, Forbes. We are currently recruiting for an Accounts Receivable Clerk I to join our Accounting department located in Norfolk (Virginia Beach), Virginia.
Computes, classifies, records, and verifies numerical data for use in maintaining accounting records by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Job Requirements :
- Review and approve invoices in PRAnet
- Download "MAS500 import files" and "Invoice print files" from IGSnet
- Import AR files into MAS500
- Prepare and maintain invoice balancing sheet (reconcile tape from IGSnet to sales journal)
- Ensure proper review and sign off of invoice balancing sheet by accounting manager
- Code agent bills and forward to AP for processing
- Prepare invoice packages and mail invoices to clients per client's instructions
- Process cash receipts from clients and prepare deposit to bank
- Prepare and maintain deposit balancing sheet (reconcile cash tape to cash receipts journal)
- Ensure proper review and sign off of deposit balancing sheet by accounting manager
- Perform inventory reconciliation of IGSnet accounts
- Associate's degree (A. A.) in business or accounting or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
- At least six months of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency in Windows 98 or higher, Excel and Outlook is required
Excited about this opportunity?
- Familiarity with Access and Word a plus
- MAS90/500 or equivalent accounting software is preferred
We offer a competitive salary to commensurate with experience, as well as an attractive set of benefits to our valued employees. Join our family friendly region while you build a dynamic career with an exciting, growing company. All applicants must successfully pass drug screen and background. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLC. - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard