Accounts Receivable Clerk
Job ID 7245
Job Number 012002
Location US - Manitowoc, WI
Facility MTW FS Ops - Manitowoc WI S
Employment Type Regular/Full-Time
Education Required Associates Degree
Experience Required Minimum 3 years
Relocation Provided No
General Job Objective
If you love Accounts Receivable . . . then you could be our next Accounting Clerk at Manitowoc Ice*.
Bring your accounting skills to Manitowoc and you’ll be responsible for accounting and clerical tasks and analysis as it relates to efficient maintenance and processing of Accounts Receivable transactions and systems. Reporting directly to the Plant Controller, this position is located in Manitowoc, Wisconsin.
If you’re up to the challenge, the reward is satisfaction . . . and knowing you helped build something real. Join our passionate team and help build something you can be proud of – a future filled with passion, pride and satisfaction.
Essential Job Functions
- Process credit card transactions.
- Enter cash receipts for incoming checks, wires, and ACH payments.
- Prepare customer adjustments and log collection calls for short payments; resolve payment exceptions and investigate short payments as needed.
- Generate customer invoices and statements via various distribution methods; print, email, fax, and EDI.
- Apply, track, and follow-up on unapplied customer payments.
- Reconcile daily bank statement; access data from banking website.
- Complete lien waiver requests, and customer credit inquiries.
- Setup new customers and establish customer credit files.
- Process DNB reports; have a basic understanding of how to interpret the report information.
- Analyze and review customer credit information to recommend credit worthiness and limits.
- Understand basic sales tax concepts.
- Process daily credit hold releases; distribute data file and escalate issues through appropriate channels.
- Able to understand concepts and create process documents as work instructions using Excel and Visio.
- Reconcile daily/monthly A/R subsystem to G/L account; reconcile various G/L accounts.
- Process requests for W9’s.
- Monitor aged status of invoices for various types of customers (buying groups, distributors, dealers, bottlers, national accounts, international customers, etc.) Make collection calls to customers to follow-up on past due account balances.
- Engage in constructive working relationships with assigned customers to apply credit memos to open invoices, understand root cause behind past due invoices and define payment action plans.
- Maintain/create department forms and post to company intranet.
- Assist in preparing financial, operational, and management information.
- Provide clerical support activities as required.
- Maintain P/C spreadsheet files.
- Assist with month-end, year-end closes, and audits as required.
- Recognize areas for improvement as related to accounting methods and processes.
- Assist in department projects as assigned.
- Assist in tracking department metrics.
- Run basic discoverer or database queries.
Job Requirements/Working Conditions
- Associates’ degree in Accounting or Finance and a minimum of 3 years of accounts receivable experience is required; or would consider a minimum of 5 years of accounts receivable and cash application experience in lieu of the degree.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with Oracle or other ERP system a plus.
- CBA (Credit Business Associate) or CBF (Credit Business Fellow) certifications are a plus.
- Working conditions include a normal office environment with exposure to production floor.
- Occasional over-time may be required.
*Known as America’s #1 Selling Ice Machine, Manitowoc Ice designs and manufactures a complete range of cube, flake, and nugget ice machines, ice storage bins, and ice dispensers with 200+ models in ice-making capacities from 65 to 3,000 pounds per day. Our products can be found in hospitals, schools, hotels, restaurants, and convention centers all over the world. Manitowoc Ice is a division of Manitowoc Foodservice – parent company, The Manitowoc Company, Inc.
The Manitowoc Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, Females, Disabled, and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
All applicants have rights under the Federal Employment Laws:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
If you are a person with a disability and need assistance in the employment process, please call 920.684.4410 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Manitowoc Company - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard