We are seeking a highly motivated individual to support our service center accounting team. This is an outstanding opportunity for an energetic professional who is not afraid to roll their sleeves up and be an individual contributor while also managing an accounting team in a fast- paced environment.
Provides accounting and clerical support to the accounting department for effective handling of financial records and operations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & DUTIES
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (INCLUDING EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS)
- Compares and verifies payroll data to ensure accuracy of information before payroll processing.
- Calculates monthly sales commissions and creates reports for distribution to management.
- Forwards approved and calculated sales commissions to corporate for processing.
- Summarizes weekly payroll data and prepares reports.
- Performs advance audit functions to ensure proper authorization and to confirm invoice amounts are properly allocated.
- Researches and monitors accounts receivables and collection activities to ensure that information is processed accurately and timely.
- Generates and reviews weekly aging reports and distributes to departmental personnel.
- Performs collection activities, investigates outstanding invoices and processes liens for collections when necessary.
- Obtain credit approvals and provides support to technicians in coordinating residential financing.
- Analyze and reconcile bank statements to ensure account information is accurate.
- Communicates with customers, vendors and departmental personnel via telephone, email and written correspondence to answer inquiries, provide information, and resolve discrepancies.
- Creates and distributes daily and weekly financial reports and analysis.
- Reconciles and audits accounts for accuracy, makes journal entries, completes schedules, and performs other month-end duties as required.
- Keeps accounting staff informed of area activities or significant problems, and communicates with departmental personnel to coordinate corrective actions for incorrectly reported information.
- May perform basic accounts payable and accounts receivable duties.
To apply, please visit www.ars.com/about/careers and click on HVAC Careers. Scroll to the bottom of the page and complete an application.
- HS diploma, or GED equivalent, and 2-4 years’ experience in accounting is required. Related experience and/or advanced training or any equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- Familiarity with accounting principles and practices is required. College-level courses in accounting are desirable.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of company policies, procedures, and practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Maintain confidentiality in all areas of responsibilities.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, maintain accurate employee records.
- Process technical and professional competency, demonstrated by work that is timely, accurate, organized, and clearly articulated with attention to detail.
- Basic proficiency with desktop computers and software applications. Intermediate level skill using Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer – "United by Exceptional Service"
AA EOE M/F DV/ARS/RESCUE ROOTER-
American Residential Services LLC - 11 months ago