Accounts Receivable Clerk Job Purpose: Obtains revenue and applies payments by verifying and completing receivable transactions. |
Accounts Receivable/Payable Clerk Job Duties:
· Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering and sorting documents and related information.
· Applies payments by verifying transaction information; scheduling and preparing disbursements; obtaining authorization of payment.
· Obtains revenue by verifying transaction information; computing charges and refunds; preparing and mailing invoices; identifying delinquent accounts and insufficient payments.
· Collects revenue by reminding delinquent accounts; notifying customers of insufficient payments.
· Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
· Maintains accounting ledgers by posting account transactions.
· Verifies accounts by reconciling statements and transactions.
· Resolves account discrepancies by investigating documentation; issuing adjustments.
· Maintains financial security by following internal accounting controls.
· Maintains financial historical records by filing accounting documents.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Administrative Writing Skills, Organization, Data Entry Skills, General Math Skills, Financial Software, Analyzing Information , Attention to Detail, Thoroughness, Reporting Research Results, Verbal Communication