The Accounts Receivable Clerk is responsible for maintaining records and processing accounts receivable. The A/R Clerk, depending on particular job assignments, is responsible for Accounting Department support. The position operates computers and calculators as well as other equipment and software; helps maintain interfaces with lawyers and departments in all offices, and other organizations; and performs projects and other duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The daily make up of tasks changes depending on department needs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Perform technical accounting duties required for accounts receivable processing; enter transactions, prepare deposit slips, make bank deposits, and research of unidentified payments on account
- Research and promptly respond to questions from attorneys, staff and clients
- Maintain Accounting Department documentation requirements; research exceptions; prepare reports and summary data; and perform month-end closing tasks
- Operate equipment such as copiers, typewriters, calculators, telephones and computers
- Perform relief and/or project duties and responsibilities; respond to questions, work on accounting research projects, substitute for other people, train other department staff, or check exceptions in day-to-day assignments
- Contribute to Accounting Department team efforts and activities
- Provide written response and invoice details upon client request
- Notify clients when duplicate payments are made and work out refund or account credit
- Insure trust account and on-account cash are posted correctly and in a timely manner
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as directed
- Must be accustomed to working as a team member
- Must possess basic clerical, 10-key, typing, and office skills; basic accounting principles and procedures skills; and excellent math and record keeping skills
- Must possess the ability to prioritize and handle multiple job assignments
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills; be highly attentive to details and demonstrated ability to meet obligations with confidentiality, integrity, and sensitivity
- Must possess interpersonal skills necessary to communicate and follow instructions effectively from a diverse group consisting of attorneys, staff and clients
- Ability to communicate information and respond to inquires/requests with diplomacy and tact
- Proficiency with Office 2003 software applications which includes Excel spreadsheets; Elite knowledge helpful
- Ability to operate the following equipment: Cisco IP telephone, keyboard, personal computer, ten key calculator, copier and fax machine
- Availability for periodic overtime required
- Minimum of 2 years previous accounts receivable experience required, office experience, working with vendors, clients, and customers
- Associate Degree in accounting or related field beneficial, one year of accounting studies is required
Any information contained on this form represents the usual method of accomplishing the duties assigned to this job. Reasonable accommodations will be considered in appropriate circumstances which may vary depending on the needs of an individual with a disability, it is impossible to describe in advance specific accommodations that will be considered.
- Sedentary desk type office position (cube) that requires daily data entry and filing
- Manual tasks may include packing and lifting of file boxes
We offer a dynamic work environment and excellent benefits.