This position is responsible for all aspects of student accounts. This position is responsible for maintaining processes and communicating with other functional areas of the University (such as Registrar, Accounts Payable and Accountants) to ensure that student charges and payments on accounts are handled in a timely and accurate manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develops and maintains a productive relationship with accountants and registrar in order to ascertain that charges to student accounts are correct.
• Performs closing of daily cash application and student adjustment to PeopleSoft AR sub-module.
• Verify that all student refunds are correct before processing, process student refunds in a timely manner and provide feedback to AP and registrar for missing or inaccurate refunds.
• Fully cross-trained in all AR/cash functions and providing support to the accountants on a daily basis.
• Reconcile student cash transactions, keep tract of unreconciled activities and work with others to resolve.
• Maintain supports for applying requested adjustments, reductions/discounts and charges.
• Provide support to others such as Accountants, Registrars, Accounts Payable and Student Services.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Associate's degree in Business with a focus on Accounting preferred.
• At least one year of related experience required, preferably in an accounts receivable or payable areas.
• Proficient with Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Must be a self-starter, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize assignments and meet deadlines.
• Excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills required.
• PeopleSoft experience and French language skills preferred.
If higher education is a matter of degrees, Laureate must be blazing hot. The company provides adult career education through online and...