ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE CLERK - CHICAGO, IL
To ensure quality cash application to customer accounts in a computerized Accounts Receivable system - CARMS - mainframe.
- The incumbent performs the following duties and others as assigned
- Verify daily cash received with transmission from bank
- Prepare cash for entry by identifying to proper customer account
- Update and maintain customer account/MICR# cross-reference table
- Apply checks to proper customer account - either automated or manual
- Reconcile identifiable deductions - tax, frt., and discount
- Enter daily misc. adjustments to customer accounts
- Correspond with bank for bank errors
- Provide assistance to internal staff, sales agents and customers
- A ssist/Prepare/File/Mail departmental correspondence on PC - MS Word
- Process customer COD payments for deposit
- PC - Excel - data entry of departmental statistics
- A ssist in large volume account reconciliation and maintenance
- Contact agents or customers regarding deductions or application problems
- Distribute departmental mail
- System-level entry of A/R file maintenance
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); three years related experience and/or training highly desireD
- CRT, 10-key calculator skills, and data entry proficiency required
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
Lawson employees are focused on our vision to be our customers’ first choice for solutions that improve their operating performance....