Callanan Industries Inc
Job Requisition ID: 26537
Job Type: Financial and Accounting
Work Time: Regular
State: New York (US-NY)
Postal/Zip Code: 12303
Accounts Receivable Clerk
Are you searching for a company that will value your experience and appreciate your hard work? Then jump start your career and join the Callanan Industries, Inc. team today!
Job Description Summary
This position offers a diverse set of job responsibilities. Position requirements include that of the accurate processing of payments made to Callanan Industries Inc., and its subsidiaries. Essential duties include, but not limited to, the following:
- Maintaining of the supervising point of sale system
- Processing and reconciliation of daily quantities uploaded from point of sale systems
- Daily postings of all cash receipts to accounting system
- Assist with the daily functions of the entire department
- Ad-hoc assignments as necessary
- Ensure internal controls are maintained to safeguard the financial assets of Callanan Industries, Inc. This includes all SOX controls, Oldcastle Materials Group (OMG) and Northeast Division material sales/accounts receivable accounting policies and procedures
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong values and high standards of ethics, integrity, and trust
- Solid time management and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
- Strong action orientation and drive for results
- The ability to deal with ambiguity and facilitate change
- Must pass physical exam, drug screen and background check
- Associates degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience
- Proven ability to develop relationships and to work both independently as well as in a team environment
- Prior accounts receivable experience
What Oldcastle offers you
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion.
Callanan Industries, Inc. was founded in 1883 as an aggregate mining company. Over a century later, Callanan Industries, Inc. continues to be a leading supplier of paving materials and construction services, providing a complete range of high quality aggregates, asphalt paving, and ready mix concrete products to state, federal, municipal, commercial, and private customers with operations throughout New York State and Western Massachusetts. Callanan Industries, Inc. was purchased by Oldcastle, Inc. in 1985. Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Materials is the leading vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mixed concrete and paving services with 1400 locations nationwide. From coast to coast, Oldcastle Materials delivers quality, dependable results to customers ranging from federal agencies to small construction companies. Our culture is special as well. Our most valued asset is our people, and Talent Management is an ongoing process that helps us to identify, develop and leverage more than 18,000 employees. Whether we’re safely paving miles of interstate, building two thousand-foot-long bridges or building roads in national parks, Oldcastle Materials’ continued investment in people, performance and communities has position us as an industry leader.
Oldcastle Materials is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please take 10 minutes to complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Callanan Industries Inc is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Callanan Industries Inc is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Oldcastle - 2 years ago
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 1500 locations and 35,000...