Remington Hotels, headquartered in Dallas, TX is one of the largest, privately held, multi-brand, hotel management companies in the country.
Remington is a world class leader and operates 60+ hotels (Hilton, Marriott, and Starwood) and growing in the United States with over 13,000 hotel rooms and 5,500 associates.
Our performance strategies, corporate culture and philosophies help us to deliver on our promise to guests, associates, brands and investors. Remington has been consistently recognized among many of the world's best lodging brands for our operational expertise and guest service results.
At Remington, our history of success and unparalleled industry expertise makes us The premier service provider to the hospitality industry™
Purpose of the Position:
Responsible for the accurate reviewing, balancing and posting of all direct billings, credit card charges and payments; balancing accounts receivable daily; preparation of daily invoices on all city ledger accounts; and preparation, organization and filing of all reports in accordance with management company’s accounting and credit policies and procedures.
1. Know your work schedule and follow it with a high degree of reliability.
2. Work in a cooperative and friendly manner with fellow associates.
3. Maintain professional attire and personal hygiene.
4. Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area.
5. Perform your job according to standard operating procedures.
6. Read, understand and follow all policies, procedures and practices as stated in the Associate Handbook.
7. Implement management company and hotel’s safety and emergency policies and procedures (i.e. evacuation, first aid, etc.) to include removing all safety hazards, following company’s OSHA Hazcom program and safe lifting techniques.
8. Utilize protective equipment, when applicable.
9. Promptly report substandard (unsafe) conditions to supervisor.
10. Promptly report accidents, injuries, property damage or loss to supervisor.
11. Keep accurate communication flowing freely among all hotel departments.
12. Inform management promptly of any work-related problems or guest complaints.
13. Practice “aggressive hospitality” and provide guest satisfaction.
14. Promote the hotel through goodwill, courtesy and a positive attitude.
15. Attend all scheduled training classes and meetings.
16. Train other associates as directed by management.
17. Continue to learn and grow in your position.
18. Perform any reasonable request as assigned or directed by management.
19. Provide for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules.
20. Arrange for reasonable accommodations for person(s) with disabilities.
21. Assist person(s) with a disability.
22. Comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances as they apply to the hotel, guests and associates.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Print daily statements, copy all related back-up and mail with statements as necessary.
2. Accurately post City ledger payments daily.
3. Process returned checks through City Ledger and accurately complete check requisition to reimburse bank.
4. Clear “comp” accounts daily. Verify division/account numbers on all departments.
5. Print weekly reports.
6. Promptly sign for, set up account for and accurately log advance deposits.
7. Promptly research and courteously answer any guest questions. Get back to guest questions within 2-4 days of request.
8. Promptly and accurately post all charges, rebates, etc.
9. Write up banquet check log.
10. Accurately calculate and log Catering/Sales breakdown.
11. Promptly audit and log missing banquet checks, immediately informing supervisor of any discrepancies.
12. Promptly and accurately post all miscellaneous payments such a vending commissions, etc.
13. Accurately review and complete all credit verifications for direct bill accounts. For an doubtful credit accounts, refer to Food & Beverage Director.
14. Maintain and organize accurate direct billing file.
15. Efficiently manage all status accounts verifying rooming list, banquet charges, etc.
16. Manage the zero status accounts.
17. Complete all no-show invoices within one (1) week of event ensuring that accounts are written off if not paid within thirty (30) days.
18. Complete billing of gift certificates within one (1) week of purchase, ensuring that expired certificates are written off.
19. Ensure that all invoices and group billings over $1000.00 are sent by certified mail within one (1) week of the event.
20. Accurately complete the rebuilding of the name directory file.
21. Accurately complete all tax exempt adjustments and ensure all necessary information is accounted for.
22. Complete all invoicing to customers within one (1) week of event including daily statements, delinquency statements every thirty (3) days and correspondence letter.
23. Accurately post payments, adjustments and miscellaneous charges to both city ledger and guest ledger accounts on a daily basis.
24. Complete and distribute all documentation for the monthly credit meetings ensuring all information is up to date and accurate.
25. Courteously but firmly complete all collection calls. Document all conversations. For any difficult account, refer to supervisor for direction on how to proceed.
26. Complete all reporting required for the period and close of Accounts Receivable on the PMS or front office system within one (1) day of close.
27. Understand, know, follow management company’s accounting and credit policies.
1. Assist other Accounting associates as needed.
Job, Knowledge, Skills and other Requirements:
1. Able to communicate accurately and effectively in verbal and written form with guests and associates so as to respond accurately and completely to people to give directions, instructions, information, answer questions and provide service as required.
2. Efficiently operate ten-key calculator, using basic math.
3. Efficiently and accurately type and operate a computer.
4. Read printed material.
5. Use basic math skills to accurately balance accounts, prepare reports and invoices, post payments, etc.
6. Have a least one (1) year of accounting experience.
7. Life and carry approximately ten (10) pounds.
8. Able to sit for prolonged periods of time.
Remington Hotels - 17 months ago
Remington is a dynamic, entrepreneurial, independent hotel management company with over 35 years of experience in the hospitality business....