Remington Hotels, headquartered in Dallas, TX is one of the largest, privately held, multi-brand, hotel management companies in the country.
Remington is a world class leader and operates 60+ hotels (Hilton, Marriott, and Starwood) and growing in the United States with over 13,000 hotel rooms and 5,500 associates.
Our performance strategies, corporate culture and philosophies help us to deliver on our promise to guests, associates, brands and investors. Remington has been consistently recognized among many of the world's best lodging brands for our operational expertise and guest service results.
At Remington, our history of success and unparalleled industry expertise makes us The premier service provider to the hospitality industry™
Responsible for the accurate reviewing, balancing and posting of all direct billings, credit card charges and payments; balancing accounts receivable daily; preparation of daily invoices on all city ledger accounts; and preparation, organization and filing of all reports in accordance with management company’s accounting and credit policies and procedures.
1. Print daily statements, copy all related back-up and mail statements as necessary.
2. Post city ledger payments daily.
3. Process returned checks through City Ledger and complete check requisition to reimburse bank.
4. Clear “comp” daily accounts. Verify division/account numbers on all departments.
5. Print weekly reports.
6. Promptly sign for, set up account for and accurately log advance deposits.
7. Promptly research and courteously answer any guest questions. Get back to guest questions within 2-4 days of request.
8. Post all charges, rebates, etc.
9. Write up banquet check log.
10. Calculate and log Catering/Sales breakdown.
11. Audit and log missing banquet checks, immediately informing supervisor of any discrepancies.
12. Post all miscellaneous payments such as vending commissions, etc.
13. Review and complete all credit verifications for direct bill accounts. For any doubtful credit accounts, refer to Food & Beverage Director.
14. Maintain and organize accurate direct billing file.
15. Manage all status accounts, verifying rooming list, banquet charges, etc.
16. Manage the zero (0) status accounts.
17. Complete all no-show invoices within one (1) week of event, ensuring that accounts are written off if not paid within thirty (30) days.
18. Complete billing of gift certificates within one (1) week of purchase, ensuring that expired certificates are written off.
19. Ensure all invoices and group billings over $1000.00 are sent by certified mail within one (1) week of the event.
20. Complete the rebuilding of the name directory file.
21. Complete tax exempt adjustments, and ensure all necessary information is accounted for.
22. Send all invoicing to customers within one (1) week of event including daily statements, delinquency statements every three (3) days and correspondence letter.
23. Post payments, adjustments and miscellaneous charges to both city ledger and guest ledger accounts on a daily basis.
24. Complete and distribute all documentation for the monthly credit meetings, ensuring all information is up to date and accurate.
25. Courteously but firmly complete all collection calls. Document conversations. For any difficult accounts, refer to supervisor for directions on how to proceed.
26. Complete reporting required for the period and close of Accounts receivable on the PMS/front off system within one (1) day of close.
27. Understand and follow management company’s accounting and credit policies. Have at least one (1) year of accounting experience
Remington is a dynamic, entrepreneurial, independent hotel management company with over 35 years of experience in the hospitality business....