General Revenue Corporation (GRC) provides premier collection services for the education and government industries. GRC was founded in November 1981 to specialize in the collection of education-related receivables. Through the years, we have emerged from modest beginnings to become one of the largest collection agencies in the country.
With more than 1,000 clients, GRC operates from offices located across the country: Cincinnati, Ohio (headquarters); and Horseheads, New York.
General Revenue Corporation is a wholly owned subsidiary of SLM Corporation®, commonly known as Sallie Mae, and a member of Sallie Mae's Collection Services. Sallie Mae is the nation's No.1 paying-for-college company and is publicly traded on the NASDAQ (NASDAQ: SLM).
The Client Reporting Representative is responsible for all statements and reports sent to clients and their respective deadlines. Representative should have above average skill set on ten key, excel, word, and other Microsoft applications as well as some experience in bookkeeping, customer/client service or other office experience.
Perform system functionality to produce and balance client statements to Debtor Cash Payment reports including imaging of web based client statements and print production of statements for non web based clients.
* Coordinate with accounting and other appropriate departments for client special statements, all necessary money movements, check requests and statement summary reports.
* Perform system functionality to generate ACH and paper check remittances of collection money due clients on the varied statement frequencies. Insure all remittance amounts balance to system generated report totals.
* Ensure receipt of all direct client payments (manually received via email and web and electronically via file) and posting of direct client payments to the system. Insure all files and manually received client direct payments are balanced by comparing file and email or web report totals to posted totals and bypassed items needing research for resolution.
* Ensure all bypassed client direct payments are researched timely and proper resolution determined requiring posting or permanent bypass.
* Proper receipt, identification, recording and balancing of commission checks received from clients and posting to clients' accounts receivables. Reconcile fee received from client to amount posted in FACS, placed on exception log and deposited to the bank account. Research all variances to determine cause and make recommendations for resolution to Lead/Manager.
* Perform client inventory balance and account reconciliations as contractually required by clients. Determine cause for variances and make recommendations for resolution to Client Reporting Lead/Manager. If necessary, coordinate with IT to have identified issues corrected in the system prior to next reconciliation.
* Prepare client remittance files at scheduled intervals. Insure all files are balanced to the Client Statement, Debtor Cash History and Client's Check Register. Insure files are both timely and accurate.
Assist with and maintain client requested changes regarding statement setup, frequency or delivery as well as collection proceed remittance calculation, frequency or delivery.
* Work with IT on work requests for identified issues. Insure timely testing and completion of these requests to insure minimal client impact.
* Assist with developing and testing new client set up including reporting and electronic pay files as well as any other client unique requirements.
* Work Client Concern filings to research stated issue, determine resolution needed and assist with resolution.
* Other projects as assigned by manager.
Ability to meet multiple client requirements within required deadlines.
* Fulfill client specified tasks including timely response to client if required.
Other Job Functions
* Other duties as assigned
HS Diploma or Equivalent
One year of accounting/bookkeeping, accounts receivable, or client services/client reporting experience.
Strong analytical skills
Microsoft Word, Access and Excel experience
Sallie Mae is a federal government contractor. Should this position support a government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions.
Sallie Mae, founded 28 years ago, provides funds for educational loans, primarily federally guaranteed student loans originated under the...