JOB SUMMARY-Accounts Receivable Clerk
Under general supervision, performs a wide variety of clerical accounting functions and special projects in support of a corporate or business accounting operation. Work performed at this level is non-routine and specialized, requiring good working knowledge and proficiency in the procedures and systems used within an accounting or financial specialty.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Assists in maintaining moderately complex and specialized accounting records, ledgers, and journals.
- Records and analyzes journal entries, makes corrections and adjustments, and reconciles assigned statements, accounts, and reports.
- Collects, compiles, and summarizes accounting data and/or financial information to assist the supervisor in the preparation of a variety of reports and financial analyses.
- Independently prepares routine reports.
- Assists the supervisor or other management staff through a variety of special projects and/or administrative functions which are occasionally difficult in nature, involving independent research and requiring the application of problem solving techniques to new or unusual accounting problem situations.
- Assists in training new employees within the accounting area.
- Provides ongoing assistance to less experienced clerical accounting employees.
- Interacts with vendors and customers daily.
- Calls on past due invoices obtaining commitments for payment.
- Answers customer inquiries on invoices and initiates claims as needed after researching validity of disputes.
- Provides follow up to customer service, GTS, and contract administration on problems invoices, as needed.
- Investigates and processes all short payments and over payments.
- Reviews debits and credits before mailing to customers.
- Follows up with GTS on service contract and demand billings problems.
- Reviews and releases Customer orders from credit hold, as appropriate, when Manager is traveling.
- Communicates with Purchasing, Accounts Payable, GTS and Sales, as needed, when it becomes necessary to hold orders for credit reasons.
- Reviews purchase orders, as needed, for correct information with respect to price, terms, correct vendor names, and freight policy.
- Works with credit manager to resolve issues.
- Completes an annual review of all customer files, removing older unnecessary documents.
High school diploma or GED
Minimum 3 years experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Accounts receivable
- Accounts payable
- Knowledge of clerical accounting methods and procedures, including double entry accounting.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Good interactive phone skills.
- Strong customer focus with a professional approach with Company’s customers (internal and external) and co-workers.
- Ability and proficiency in the use of a personal computer (PC) for the accurate input and retrieval of accounting information.
- Knowledge and use of relevant PC software applications and skills to use them effectively.
- Ability to quickly and accurately make arithmetical computations by touch on a ten key pad.
Typical Office Environment requirements include: reading, speaking, hearing, close vision, walking, bending, sitting, and occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Additional Physical Requirements
- Must be able to handle repetitive motion work such as keyboarding, sorting, and filing.
Join Terumo BCT, formerly known as CaridianBCT, as we unlock the potential of blood. We are the world leader in blood component technology, delivering products, services and solutions for customers and their patients worldwide. Through collaboration with our customers and a commitment to innovation, we are the only company with the unique combination of apheresis, manual and automated whole blood processing and pathogen reduction technologies coupled with robust technology, innovation and core competencies in therapeutic apheresis, cell collections and cell processing.
As the largest medical device manufacturing company headquartered in Colorado we operate in 120 countries with more than 2,600 associates around the world.
Our company has been voted and recognized as a:
Our award-winning culture embraces:
- “Best Places to Work” employer by The Denver Business Journal and 5280 Magazine (2003)
- Top five world-class training organization by Training and Development Magazine (2011 & 2012)
Each associate has a positive impact on our future by:
- Leading technology through innovation and R&D
- Wellness programs
- Commitment to quality
- An environment that values and respects your individual contributions
- A philosophy of intentional growth
If you are the best at what you do, we invite you to work with us now!
- Connecting to the lives of the patients we ultimately serve
- Growing through professional and leadership development activities
- Sharing company success through incentive plans
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. For more information about Terumo BCT, visit our website www.terumobct.com .
Terumo BCT, Inc. - 8 months ago