An Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer – AA/EOE/M/F/D/V
Contacts customers with delinquent accounts and attempts to secure payment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Establishes weekly goals and objectives with manager/supervisor.
• Mails form letters to customers to encourage payment of delinquent accounts.
• Reviews terms of customer sales/service contracts and determines payment schedule.
• Confers with customers by telephone in attempt to determine payment schedule.
• Reviews credit contract of overdue accounts with customer in attempt to determine
alternative payment schedule.
• Sorts and files correspondence.
• Prints, sorts and mails billing of outstanding account balances.
• Traces customer’s change of address.
• Reviews delinquent accounts for forwarding to collection agency.
• Maintains daily and weekly activity reports.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two years related collections experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents and procedure manuals. Ability to generate routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively to customers and co-workers.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers,
common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate and percent.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
As required by federal and state law.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Oral and written communications skills
Two(2)plus years collections experience
Data entry (10 key)
Handle multiple tasks
Aptitude for numbers
Attention to details
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to
talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TruGreen provides landscape design, installation, and maintenance for office and retail centers, resorts, parks, and housing developments....