Are you looking to make a change? Vitamin Research Products, a leading manufacturer and distributor of vitamins and supplements in Carson City, NV, has an immediate opening in our Accounting team for a full time A/R associate. This fast paced position requires 2-3 years of progressive A/R experience along with great Excel, analytical and problem solving skills. Bring your stable job history and enjoy a generous benefits package including health insurance and a 401K plan. Wage Range: $15.00 - $17.00 per hour DOE.
VRP firmly believes that our employees are the heart of our success. Through team work, dedication, and VRP guidelines, our employees thrive individually and as a whole. This position description is designed to outline primary duties and qualifications, but not limit one to specified duties, to insure individual and group success.
Examples of Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Learn, practice, and adhere to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) established for the Company.
- Learn, practice, and adhere to all Accounting Department policies and procedures.
- Be available for additional hours during monthly close, audit periods and as needed.
Accounts Receivable Responsibilities
- Perform daily credit card uploads from merchant accounts and settle A/R clearing balances.
- Process and apply all non-credit card payments and credits on a daily basis.
- Handle all front desk cash and credit card transactions and make routine deposits.
- Produce monthly agings and allocate brand debit and credit balances as part of the monthly close.
- Produce and mail monthly statements and collect past due accounts.
- Process credit applications and maintain current credit files for those customers with selling terms.
- Process employee orders.
- Communicate routinely with Corporate Controller regarding operations and advise of areas of potential bad debt or other risk.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe working environment to ensure efficiency and employee safety.
- Interact professionally with the public, vendors, peers, and staff; maintain effective working relationships and work in cooperation with management team to effectively meet departmental objectives.
- Demonstrate good judgment by reacting to unsafe acts or conditions by making them safe or reporting them to those who can correct them.
- Perform other duties as assigned and work in other areas as needed.
- Minimum three years progressive A/R experience in high volume environment.
- Must have a solid work ethic, be highly motivated, and be a hands-on problem solver.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Team Oriented - being helpful, respectful, approachable, building strong working relationships and a positive work environment, is responsible, honest, loyal, interacts with others tactfully, resolves conflicts appropriately, and adapts to change.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally, within the organization.
- Ability to give positive suggestions to improve operations in the work center.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Ability to manage time efficiently and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Requires accuracy, reliability, and attention to detail.
- Read, write, speak, and comprehend English.
Job Summary: The Accounts Receivable Clerk reports directly to the Corporate Controller and is responsible for all A/R activities within the department. In addition, the Accounts Receivable Clerk will fill in as backup and support for accounts payable. This is a critical position for which the ideal candidate will have strong administrative skills, problem solving acumen and attention to detail.
Indeed - 14 months ago