The AP/AR Specialist's primary responsibility will be to ensure timely payment of supplier invoices as well as ensuring proper cash management and application within the scope of the Company's responsibilities. Supplier and customer interaction is a must.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Give work direction to those involved in the accounts payable and accounts receivable processes.
• Communicate effectively with suppliers to ensure prompt and proper payment of their invoices.
• Interact with customers on an as-needed basis to obtain payment for past due invoices.
• Participate in monthly close activities.
• Analyze accounts that are pertinent to area of responsibility and reconcile accounts on a monthly basis.
• Gain an overall understanding of processes and suggest and implement process improvements when applicable.
• Document policies and procedures where deficiencies exist.
• Actively participate in department projects that may extend beyond current areas of responsibility.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service ; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
• Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
• Ability to self direct work on a daily basis while working towards high level goals of department.
• Project-oriented individual that is sensitive to timing and deadlines.
• Strong communication skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
A four (4) year degree and four (4) or more years related experience. Understanding of basic accounting principles.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Basic computer skills; Strong understanding of Microsoft Office suite of products, especially Excel and Access. Strong understanding of relational databases and ERP systems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Up to 10%