Are you someone who dreams in numbers and would love to join a fast paced, high energy accounting team? The work is ever-changing and ideal for a highly analytical problem solver who has an interest in corporate accounting. Whether designing processes, providing forward-thinking analysis or managing our day-to-day balance sheets, our seasoned accounting and finance pros create innovative solutions to challenges and keep our business on track.
The Accounts Receivable Coordinator position is a full-time employment opportunity. Reporting to the Accounts Receivable Manager, the Accounts Receivable Coordinator is a full-time position located in San Diego, California. The Accounts Receivable (A/R) Coordinator will work with the A/R team monitoring student accounts through regular billing and payment processes. Duties and responsibilities include: cash posting, check printing, stipend and refund processing, account adjustments, check verification, billing and collecting payments from third party agencies, account reconciliations, applying college policies and procedures to account activity and various reporting.
Essential Job Duties:
• Payment processing, which may include posting cash, Title IV disbursements, refunds and stipends.
• Check verification.
• Student account reporting.
• Process student billing, including account adjustments.
• Preparing invoices for students and third-party agencies.
• Student interaction concerning billing and payment inquiries.
• Account reconciliations.
• Compile, prepare and analyze monthly reports in support of A/R operations.
• Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
• Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
• Service: Encompasses the company’s core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community.
• Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
• At least 2 years of related accounts receivable (A/R) experience and a general understanding of accounting.
• Must be detail oriented, possess outstanding organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to work with stringent deadlines and confidential information related to student/department accounts.
• Intermediate experience with MS Excel.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with customer service orientation.
• Participate as an active member of the institution’s AR team and ensure active communication and a cohesive working environment.
• Knowledge of Campus Vue (database software).
• Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
For additional information visit www.bridgepointeducation.com.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually moderate to loud .
This opportunity of employment will require a completed pre-employment
screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a criminal background
investigation, a credit check investigation, verification of education
credentials, verification of prior employment history and a professional
reference check; with review prior to an
offer of employment being extended.
Wait, there’s more… For more up-to-date news follow us on Twitter: @BPEdCareers
Bridgepoint Education - 10 months ago
Bridgepoint thrives on an ethos of invention. We are innovators and educators who make learning more accessible, valuable, and meaningful...