Reporting to the Controller and under the auspices of the Senior Accountant, the Accounts Receivable Manager is responsible for overseeing the entire accounts receivable and collection department directing staff in daily management of the cash receipts, credit and collections team in the areas of accounts receivable, claims and deductions, cash collections and new account setup. He or she will also be responsible for monthly end closing tasks such as accounts receivable reconciliation, bank reconciliation and bad debt analysis.
· Accomplishes accounts receivable and collection department human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
· Meets accounts receivable operational standards by contributing information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying system improvements.
· Meets accounts receivable financial standards by providing annual accounts receivable budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
· Supervise staff to efficiently and effectively manage credit hold, call delinquent accounts to maximize cash collections and timely application of cash receipts (including wires, lockbox, loose deposits and credit card payments).
· Collects accounts by contacting customers referred by credit analyst; investigating circumstances of non-payment; negotiating and resolving conflicts; expediting payment.
· Supervise staff to ensure returns are processed in a timely manner, deductions are addressed on a regular basis and compliance team’s initiatives are being met.
· Supervise credit processor to ensure new customer accounts are processed in a timely manner and represent the company’s best interest.
· Work with Credit Supervisor on Performance Management within the collection team; ensuring individuals’ deliverables are realistic and obtainable. Also, utilize current ERP and reporting tool to provide individuals with the tools they need to achieve objectives.
· Manage all outside collection agencies and credit facilities utilized by department.
· Act as liaison between the company and external auditors to meet information needs and to ensure that proper information is maintained for historical purposes;
· Perform other related duties as assigned or requested;
· 4 year degree in a related field.
· 5-7 years of A/R experience, with 3+ years at a Supervisory level
· A proven track record of successful people management
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Strong computer skill and proficient in Microsoft office suite.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Experience with AS-400 a plus.
Ryan Herco Flow Solutions - 8 months ago
copy to clipboard