The Accounts Receivable Representative will be responsible for follow-up on outstanding claims and incorrectly paid claims for specific payors assigned to them. The Representative is responsible for becoming familiar with their payor’s payment policies and initiating contacts within the payors.
Specific responisbilities include:
- Work AR report for assigned payors
- Determine why claim was not paid.
- Work with payor to obtain payment.
- Work each account and payor to insure maximum reimbursement.
Required Education & Work Experience
- Work variance reports
- Identify accounts not paid at contracted rate.
- Work with payors to obtain corrected payments.
- Miscellaneous projects as assigned by Supervisor.
Knowledge & Skills:
- High school diploma or GED
- Previous medical accounts receivable experience
- Ability to think laterally; identify trends, work with both internal and external resources.
- Ability to work multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Emergency Medical Associates - 16 months ago