Accounting has an opening for an Accounting Specialist I position. This individual will be mainly responsible for answering incoming customer service calls for the Accounts Receivable area. Will also be responsible for helping set-up Individual members on our electronic billing system, will be responsible for rotating in our cashier area and receipting walk-in payments that are received at SelectHealth. Individual will be working in a team environment and will need to be able to work with team along with other departments in accomplishing daily activities.
1. Actively contributes to the success of the Accounts Receivable area by consistently demonstrating the positive support of department team members, processes and goals.
2. Makes proposals for operational efficiency improvements. Understands the workflows and makes suggestions when things are not running smoothly or need to be changed to improve efficiency.
3. Receives incoming calls from members, employers groups, brokers and internal departments and teams. Answers questions and educates members and groups regarding billing and payment processes.
4. Maintains appropriate availability, accuracy and production standards.
5. Provides superior customer service that is consistent with company values and quality standards.
6. Has an understanding of policies and procedures and is able to maintain this information while answering questions accurately.
7. Phones team; may handle the cashier booth duties and has a full understanding of the opening and closing procedures. Daily balances the petty cash with minimal supervision. As needed, helps with the deposit for walk-ins and balances the daily deposit with little supervision.
8. Accounting team; may assemble data and transactions for reconciliations and system entries. Understands needed billing and payments. Completes billing and payments and helps clients when problems arise. Resolves billing errors and notifies appropriate personnel to correct error.
Entry Rate: $12.69
Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Completion of three college level accounting courses or one year of accounting work experience to obtain a working knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Intermediate knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing software
- Manual Dexterity and Seeing
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to resolve conflicts and problem solve
- Ability to multi-task and handle several things at once without compromising the customer service goal
- Able to meet deadlines and understands importance of meeting these deadlines
- Ability to take initiative and solve problems with minimal supervision
- Prior customer service experience in banking or other accounting environments
- Two or more years of accounting experience in accounts receivable, banking and/or cashiering
- Typing speed of 45 or more words per minute (WPM)
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare - 16 months ago
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...