The purpose of this position is to record revenue, process cash receipts and perform reconciliations for HealthyRoad Entities and backup for Employer Groups.
· Monitors receivables and unapplied cash balances, prepares customers account reconciliations and analyzes and researches discrepancies and open items.
· Identifies discrepancies between Projected Revenues input vs. Capitation payment backup.
· Works with Account Manager, Group Account, EDI and CAP Units to reconcile and research health plan discrepancies between revenue and cash receipts.
· Monitors, researches, and reconciles any variances for health plans. Reconciliations must be maintained monthly with true-ups performed and recorded on a quarterly basis.
· Prepares General Ledger journal entries and/or Accounts Receivable entries required to adjust postings as a result of reconciliation efforts .
· Reviews all unposted cash receipts registers for employer groups for receipts recorded in Platinum and/or ASHB. Ensures that cash receipts match daily deposit totals.
· Prepares aging schedules and identifies past due and slow paying accounts and follows-up with clients or Account Managers.
· Assists in bank reconciliations by comparing bank balances to daily book balance in Platinum and reporting any discrepancies to Manager - A/R or A/R Supervisor.
· Assists Accounts Receivable Supervisor and Manager – A/R in preparing Quarterly Accounts Receivable reports for bank presentation.
· Supports Manager - A/R and Director in annual audit preparation.
· Applies principles of accounting and maintains the financial records in a manner consistent with generally accepted accounting principles.
· Adheres to corporate policy with respect to HIPAA and PHI.
· Responsible for meeting departmental goals and performance standards.
· Provides support back-up for revenue input and cash receipts processing.
· Inputs invoices for health plan for case rate billing based on data received from Health Services Departments or CAP Unit.
· Posts all cash receipts for health plans, and case rates into Platinum. Backup person for employer groups.
· Maintains annual cash receipts files for all health plans and archives files on an annual basis.
· Reviews and reconciles Platinum A/R module to the General Ledger and provides analysis for the close of A/R module on a monthly basis.
· Performs all related duties, as assigned.
· Associates Degree in accounting or equivalent experience.
· Minimum two years of industry or accounting experience.
· Proficient in MS Office with knowledge of Word, Excel and other Windows based applications.
· Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
· Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
· Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment
· Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time
· Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interrupts
· Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
· Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Mobility - Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Physical Requirements – Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in oral and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Environmental Conditions - Usual office setting
ASH Companies - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard