Accounts Receivable Specialist - 07435 |
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., one of the world's largest insurance brokers, provides a full range of retail and wholesale property/casualty (P/C) brokerage and alternative risk transfer services globally, as well as employee benefit brokerage, consulting, and actuarial services in the United States. We also offer claims and information management, risk control consulting, and appraisal services to clients around the world.
At Arthur J. Gallagher Risk Management Services (AJGRMS), we deliver a full range of insurance and risk management products and services, including traditional and loss-sensitive coverages, captives, alternative risk solutions, and financial products, from offices throughout the United States and Canada, and operations in Bermuda and Puerto Rico.
Position Summary :
This position reports to the Accounts Receivable Manager. This position is responsible for the receivables processes related to cash application of premiums and direct bill receipts, timely discrepancy resolution, aged receivable analysis and preparation of reports as needed. Provides support to Manager of Accounts Receivable and other accounting functions with an emphasis on customer service, research, and analysis and problem resolution. Communicate and work closely with the Off-Shore Team.
- Assist in resolution of cash application
- Resolve direct bill suspense account items in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist in obtaining direct bill statements, checks and supporting information from insurance markets for Off-Shore Team as needed.
- Prepare detailed client account analysis as requested.
- Issue outstanding credit notifications and bring outstanding credits to final resolution.
- Determine appropriate disposition of checks received in the accounting center.
- Monitor, analyze and release credits on account in accordance with policy requirements.
- Monitor and clear unapplied cash suspense accounts in accordance with the Finance Policy Manual.
- Monitor bank accounts and assist Off-Shore Team cash application team with complicated cash receipts, wires and ACH’s.
- Process all ACH’s as necessary.
- Respond to internal and external customer inquiries in a timely manner.
- Analyze research and resolve problems.
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations as assigned.
- Participate in tasks as assigned for conversion, merger and acquisition integration.
- Provide direct support to Accounts Receivable Manager with tasks as required.
- Demonstrate working competency in utilizing various agency management systems such as EPIC, TAM, Sagitta, AMS-360, AFW, AIM and any additionally acquired/assigned agency management systems.
- Perform all duties in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley, Corporate Financial Policy, BSD Policy and Departmental Procedures
- Contribute to a cooperative team environment in which cross functions are assumed as necessary in order to meet department deadlines and goals.
- Develop, validate and revise written procedures for processes within the department.
- Maintain accounting support files.
- Support and implement process efficiencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience & Knowledge
- High School diploma required. Some college courses preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of accounts receivable or similar accounting process experience.
- Minimum 2 years insurance brokerage accounting experience preferred.
- Proficient in Excel, Word.
- Agency management system experience highly preferred.
Competencies (Skills & Abilities)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated customer service focus.
- Strong teamwork orientation; willingness to help larger team meet goals and responsibilities.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and achieve results in a fast-paced and changing environment
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Ability to work additional hours as needed to meet individual, team and department goals.
- On rare occasion day-trip travel may be necessary.
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization
- Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement, which require, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, age, veteran status, disability, national origin, or any other legally protected status. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co - 13 months ago